Growth scan

MrsBandEgglet

Mummy to 3, expecting #4
Reaction score
Does everyone get a growth scan? I'm 35 weeks and have never been offered one :confused: I read all these threads about them and how some ladies have been given an indication of the weight of their babies. My MW told me at my last appoint my fundal height was measuring 36cm and i'm 3/5 engaged but that was it. Is it a case of if it's not neccessary to have a growth scan you don't. Who's had one and when? I've put a poll on this cos I'm interested to see how many ladies have had one. Thanks :flower: xx

They only do one if your measuring small - midwife will look/measure your bump when laying down - if it is 3cm or more big/small for dates then thats when they usually send you for one.

I have had one at 34wks -my bump is the tiniest 36+ wk bump ever! - but surprisingly baby appears to be measuring perfectly :flower:

In the UK it is standard to only get a 12 week and a 20 week scan.

Growth scans etc are only for when they have concerns about the growth of the baby.

I had a few last time as my fundal height was measuring small.

Sorry, i posted this in the wrong tri. Didn't realise i'd gone into 2nd tri:blush: Can a mod move it to third tri if possible please? Thanks. xx

Hey I had the standard 12 and 20 week ones plus a 27,28,29,30,32,34 and soon to have a 36 week scan. I had to have them as they wanted to monitor the babies kidneys as they are enlarged and cystic. The baby has been measuring big as well so they have been combining these check up scans with growth scans. x

as a PP said its just if your measurements are out and from what i have been told you have to be measuring 3-4 cm ahead or behind your dates to qualify or sometimes you might get one if you have had a GTT test come back positive or have gestational diabetes as they want to check baby isnt going to get to big

I got offered one at my 34 Week Appointment cause i was measuing 4 weeks too small. Turns out babys right size, i have low fluid so have to be monitored on a ECG machine 2 times a week x

I have had quite a few, but its because of blood problems. last preg i got them because they thot baby was big for dates.

I had one at 33 weeks because my bump hadn't grown for 3 weeks baby is actually big but I have a tiny bump. You usually wouldn't have one unless the mw felt it necessary.

here if there is any risk if GD you are given a 28 and 32 week growth scan as well as if youre measuring big or small for dates

I had a 13 week, 21 week, and 34 week scan.
The doctor wanted me to have the 34 week one because my fundal height was big but baby is perfect size!

ive had several. at 24, 28, 32,36 and again at 38. This is partly due to fact that baby was measuring big and now at the 36 week one finding fluid but my mw said other day the scan dosent show he's big. he's ok. Mainly though i had to go because i used to have a health problem so they were monitoring babies growth because they were making sure he was growing ok

I've only had 2 scans.... one when I was 14 weeks.. and the other was a gender scan with babybond that I paid for cos we only get 1 scan here in Glasgow. :(

I had growth scans every 2 weeks from 25 weeks because connor had IUGR

I had one yesterday and will be seen weekly from now as baby is small.

I had one at 34 weeks, but only as I went to hosp with a bit of a bleed, and the "Consultant" couldn't tell position due to "Maternal size" (ie I'm fat lol) amazingly the 4 appts before that the normal MW could tell exactly where he was lying!! Consultants eh!

I have them due to have stillbirth in previous pregnancy hun xxx.

I have to have growth scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks. This is because Evie had growth problems that werent detected until 32 weeks, so its just precautionary, and so far so good :thumbup:. xx

I've had 2, one at 30 weeks and one at 36 weeks.

Both because my fundal height was measuring small xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->