GRR rant about peoples opinions lol.

jewbag86

Reaction score
OK sorry for rant but . grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
so i am 24 i have 3 girls of my own and 2 step daughter who we have sole care for so 5 kids aged 11,9,6,3 and 14 months

i am now 6+4 with this new addition and have told a few people (close friend mum sis ect as have had early scan and one next week so hard to hide )

all i get is coments like
"wow again"
"your mad"
"he needs it chopped or get a tv"
"cant bellive ur having another havent u got enouth"
best one
"thats a bit greedy u have 5 "
"u preg again just cause u want a boy bummer if its a girl"

OMG
ok yes i have 5 kids but surly its between me and my hubby how many kids we want always wanted big family . our kids within reason get all they want ad need they dont go short becasue there is 5 .
and as for whanting a boy i wont lie and iw ould really really love a boy BUT and big BUT i would be equally with another girl .
and as for being greedy i do feel for the peploe who arnt as lucky as me and oh and i am blessed with each child i have but i cant stop just because others dont have kids can i .

these are comments from friends and co not had a CONGRATS or anythink bar my mum but even they arnt reall ones if u get what i mean i am dreading telling rest of world i know what people says shouldnt get to me but it does :((((((((
anyone else got big family??

also here is my bump/bloat pic siding more to bump tho as it is there alll day now lol:kiss:
https://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z292/jewbag86/6weeks4days.jpg

Congratulations!!

I can see why your ranting, its up to you and your OH how many children you have :growlmad:

For some reason when your pregnant you become public property and everyone seems to have an opinion on your business grrrrrr

They're only jealous :winkwink:

Congrats!! :) I've got a step-daughter (who unfortunately we can't see - mum's well out of order!) and I have one baby and one on the way and we keep getting told no more after this one! But me and OH have agreed that if we're finacially able to then we'd like another 2 at some point! So yes I'd love a big family! :) just ignore their comments and enjoy it! like you said every child is a blessing and no one should make you feel otherwise :)

Oh i do hate it when people say oh stop no more, it is a really insensitive thing to say, i mean if they have real concerns about how you would cope emotionally, physically and financially then yeah ok a softly softly approach at bare maximum would be semi ok because they are thinking of you but to just go oh get a tv just would actually make me feel as if people were fed up with me! which is a horrible way to make someone feel

i said to my mum about 6 months after i had my first at 22 oh i really want them close together i am really really broody and she sat me down honestly and said i loved the thought of having you two close together (me and sis are 18months apart) but it was so hard and so emotionally draining and wouldnt have been half as bad if you two actually got on but you didnt - my sister attempted to smother me on several occassions in fits of jealousy lol i couldnt be left in a room alone with her . . . we only get on now because we dont see much of each other lol

anywho THAT was a nice and contructive way to say no hold of a little which i am grateful for, had she gone oh christ no, get a tv, one is enough for now, no no more i would have been so hurt and angry so hun you are reacting totally the same way i would!

i hate the whole idea that people actually tell you what they think of such personal things such as when you want kids, tell you to stop ttc because THEY think its too soon, how many kids you want etc etc my favourite was only have two (i want three) hmmm nice for my brother to hear who was sat next to us at the time - he is number three

oh sorry about the essay but grrrrrr

Some people dont think before they speak and this really bugs me.
Ive been married for 6 months and i have had so many "you better get a move on and have kids" comments! I am 27!!! So is DH!!
Never mind other people as long as you are happy

... oh and CONGRATULATIONS! XXX

Congrats on your new baba hon! And pay no heed to them!!

I'd love a big family. Have a daughter of my own who's 1, another baby on the way, and an 8yr old step daughter who lives with us full time. Had a lot of probs last pregnancy, but if this one goes well, we are defo having more!! I have 4 brothers and sisters, my dad was one of 7, and my mum was one of 6, I have such a huuuuuuuge extended family, I can't imagine us not having a large family, except if the health probs I had last time resurface. I'd love to have 5 or 6 and oh agrees :)

This is the number one reason I'm not telling anyone about this pregnancy. When hubby and I met, I had one girl, he had 2 boys. We have since had one between us. When I fell preg last year (second tri loss) we got all those usual comments. I know that we'll get the same comments again this time. I'm not emotionally ready to hear it all over again and probably never will be. I'll be likely to fly off the handle completely.

people are so rude. I have the opposite problem in that I am only 11 weeks into our first child and people are already wondering when our second one is coming...I'm only planning on having one so I guess there will be alot of disappointed people. People seriously don't think before they speak. My husband came from a family of 6 and his mom and dad still hear the comments and they have grandchildren now!

thats a good point sweetpea you always hear the when are you going to have another one comment when 1. you might not want one and 2. they dont know your medical history they dont know if a person has struggled to conceive

i find more people have something to say about only children than having 3 or 4 because they go into what THEY think the personality of the child will be like which is normally a negative forecast of being spoilt - well no not neccessairly one of my friends is an only child because her parents struggled to conceive and she has always been very caring, friendly and very generous

grrrrr is it like silence filling tourets or something? you know like after getting married "when you having kids then" replaces the normal "how you both doing you booking a holiday this year"

feel sorry for my sister she is only 26 bless her and shehas been with her boyfriend for 8 years she gets

when you getting married
when you having kids
you better get a move on you dont want to get stuck and only have one
you want 4 no no no try just having one you'll soon change your mind
oh no you dont want 3 have two

poor thing! give the girl a bloody chance to get a ring on her finger at least!

sorry totally ranting on your thread lol

grrrr i just hate the way people think they can just probe and speak their minds about such personal things!

People can be so inconsidderate! (sp) My mil is just the same hence we havent told her about peanut yet. My sil is younger than me and has one child. Im 34 and this is baby 5 for me,altho we will only have 4 living as we lost a little boy. But if people ask if we are having more,mil thinks its her place to answer for us. I have to hear from mil and sil how im going to struggle,we cant afford it blah blah blah....Mind your own bloody business...how the heck do they know wether we can afford it or not.....

Huge congrats on your bubba sweetie. :happydance::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->