Grrr! Someone is going to end up dead!

babytimeee

Reaction score
I apologize for my posts only being about negative things lately but I can't help it! Life and people are just really REALLY wearing me down right now.

To start, I didn't sleep all night, at all. (Sick rat). So I finally fell asleep around 5:30 and at 9:30 my sister, who apparently is on vacation, comes in and wakes me up by yelling IN MY FACE. Nothing mean, mind you, just annoying -- "WAKEY WAKEY!!" .. she's 24 YEARS OLD. Be obnoxious at your own house for Christs sake!

So I get out of bed and go out into the living room to chat with my Mom and my sister and she (sister) automatically gets on the "HOW COME YOU GUYS HAVEN'T MOVED OUT YET?" bandwagon. And then starts laying into my OH (behind his back mind you) that he is "Too worried about buying cars and concert tickets and doesn't have his shit together." Um. Excuse me, he makes more money than YOU thanks, and he had a 2001 Jeep Cherokee with 202,000 miles on it. NOT TO MENTION the Nissan he got, he got for half price because his Dad's secretary was retiring to Florida. (It's a 2008 Nissan Sentra with 60k miles and he got it for 6k. UM HELLO!?)

THEN she starts flipping out at me because she said after my baby shower (in July, we'll be moved by then) shes going to come back to my apt after and put together the babys things with me. UM I'M SORRY, WHEN DID YOU BECOME THE BABY'S FATHER? So I flipped on her for inviting herself in to do that where it would be (to me, at least) a special time for Nick and I.

She also went on to say how I'm ungrateful that I don't want clothes for my baby shower and I'd prefer not to get a ton. I HAVE OVER 60 ONESIES AND GOD KNOWS HOW MANY OUTFITS UP UNTIL 12 MO! She is throwing my baby shower (I didn't ask her to, it was supposed to be my best friends job but my sister just commandeered the whole project), and yes I AM grateful that she is throwing me one, but I didn't ask her to and don't feel like I need to kiss the ground she walks on for doing so. Frankly, my friend is PISSED.

I am just so fed up. Sorry for the super long rant but I can't go to anyone because my entire family just seems to gang up on me all the time. Samantha just can't be wrong/ -__-

Also, if I hear the phrase "it's not about you anymore, it's about the baby" ONE MORE TIME, when it has nothing to do with the conversation, I'm going to strangle someone. I KNOW my life isn't about me anymore, which is how I'm growing a perfectly healthy little girl and taking on taking care of a person. Piss OFF!

I can't stop fuming.

I'm sorry she's taken over hun and your feeling like this... NO BUENO!!!! Unfortunately, people seem to have diarrhea of the mouth once your prego! Everyone has advice, or input or stories to tell...

And really, you know it's not JUST about you anymore. Do people think we are blind to this fact? lol. BUT- that doesn't mean it's JUST about the baby either. I think it's perfectly OK to find a good balance-- and for me, to be the best mom I can be, I need to be happy and healthy too. I really don't see anything wrong with that. And truly, it can only make for a better situation overall.

Hopefully your sister comes around... but if not... then just do what you can do and try to let the rest go. Much easier said than done, I know :)

Best of luck :hugs:

Thanks hon. I just get so frustrated with that ONE term! And I totally agree, Mom needs to be happy and healthy to keep baby happy and healthy.

It just blows my mind about the car thing. Seriously! And then she's bitching at me for still living at home with my Mom? Nick and I are saving as much money as possible and moving as late as possible (which isn't bright, but necessary).. I just don't get why she is bitching at me for living here when SHE DOESN'T LIVE HERE! :growlmad:

Sound to me like your sister is jealous. She isn't as close to your family as you are since she doesn't live there and she obviously doesn't have any kids or anything, so she's picking on you guys for whatever she can find. Sad that all she really has to pick on you about is your cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->