Guess what we just done??? lol!!!

tootsy1987

Abbi and Alfie - My World
Reaction score
Well... we went into mothercare cause i wanted to buy our first baby grow since getting past the 12 week milestone :thumbup: and having had our 12 weeks scan yesterday i thought it was a lovely thing to do... so we went in and walked to the prams as i still havent seen one i like (or reasonably priced) and ive looked for months... so we were looking around at some of the mothercare ones and i didnt like them etc.. then i noticed the quinnys were on sale! there was an absolutely gorgeous black one... in the sale with £100 off!! they also were giving 10% off if we opened a mothercare plan (its not store credit, for anyone who hasnt heard of it its an interest free way of spreading the payments up until LO is born) so the package of the black quinny with the carry cot that should have been £645 we got for... wait for it..... £385!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: i have always wanted a quinny but they were waaay out of what we wanted to spend so i just stopped looking at them. Then we got the car seat aswel which was £115 and we got £55 off the total cost!!!!! so theres £450 to pay!!!! :happydance::happydance: and thats for a quinny buzz in storm, carrycot and car seat! and we have up until 10 days before LO is due to pay it off :happydance::happydance::happydance: i LOVE it!! so does OH!! he has been sooo uninterested in buying anything for obvious reasons but he was straight away like ''go on shall we go for it??''

I know its early but it was such a bargain and they have said if anything at all was to happen (touch wood and pray nothing does!!) they will give a full refund. Has anyone else bought this early???

Oh and i never did buy a baby grow lol!! thought the pram was enough for now!!

xxxxx

I don't see any reason not to start buying things once you reach 12 weeks (or earlier if you find a bargain). You were planning to get it at some point anyway and now you have plenty of time to spread out the payments. Sounds like a great deal and its something you love. Congrats!

** may i add the package is the quinny buzz frame, push chair bit, bag and carry cot xxx

thanks hunny!! its made me soo excited haha! xxx

Hi

I haven't really paid too much attention, just yet ;) to prams / travel systems etc but have checked out prices....also just looked at a quinny buzz..very nice!!!

What is the difference between a 3 wheeler and a 4??

Nicola xx

We got our pram early but only cos it was a bargain on Ebay so we were worried we'd miss out if we didnt get it !! I was about 12 weeks at the time :)

Hi

Nicola xx

A 3 wheeler only has 1 wheel at the front and 2 at the back and the 4 wheeler is the more traditional 2 at front, 2 at back style.
I personally prefer the 4 wheelers as they just look more stable but that's only my opinion as I've used a 3 wheeler before.

We got our pram early but only cos it was a bargain on Ebay so we were worried we'd miss out if we didnt get it !! I was about 12 weeks at the time :)

Hi

Nicola xx

A 3 wheeler only has 1 wheel at the front and 2 at the back and the 4 wheeler is the more traditional 2 at front, 2 at back style.
I personally prefer the 4 wheelers as they just look more stable but that's only my opinion as I've used a 3 wheeler before.

Thank you. I quite like the 4 wheelers. I only ever see 3 wheelers being used by "running" people and since I'm no runner!!

What do others thinks of 3 wheelers in terms of how easy they are to use / manouvre / pack away etc?? Easier than a 4 wheeler?

Nicola xx

i really liked the 4 wheelers until i saw them today... the 4 wheelers are unbelievably heavy!! compared to the 3 wheels and i found the 3 wheel one easier to manouver so we got the 3 wheel one... we were worried about stability but i found it fine, soo nice to push and a lot lighter than the 4 wheeler (i was adament i was having the 4 wheels at first) .. they were both pretty much the same price but folding them up and lifting them into a boot it was unbelievable the weight difference just having one extra wheel.. so we ordered the 3 wheel version :D xxx

i will put a pic up of the one i have :D xx 2 mins xx

So.. this is the 3 wheel one we have ordered in storm...
quinny.jpg

and this is the 4 wheel version.... (the carry cot and car seat in the pic is the ones we have got also :D altho the car seat is in cappicino colour)
quinny 4 wheel.jpg

xx

Ooooooooooooh bargain :happydance: Really pleased for you chica xxxx

What a bargain! Gorgeous pram:)
I did the mothercare plan 3yrs ago with my little boy, well worth doing so you can spread it out:)

Thats a seriously good bargain, we bought the Quinny Buzz in 2008 in Apple (gorgeous) when we had our son and paid about £750 for the package!! Its a brilliant pushchair I loved it, but need something for baby and toddler this time so thinking of the Phil & Teds Sport!

We have the 3 wheeler and its very easy to manouver and folds brilliantly!! I am defiantely not a runner so I can safely say its ok to get if your not sporty!!

Oh and by the looks of this baby brain has affected my spelling lol x

Thanks hunny!! i didnt see the apple or i may have plowed for that one!!! lol maybe thats why we got a bargain as we were limited to dark blue, strawberry, silver or black oh and there was a sporty version lol! its soo nice! only thing i was a bit funny about was i didnt read up on it before we decided to get it but everyone is seeming to say its a brilliant push chair and pram :D :D yippeee xxxx

oh!! and congrats on ur second pregnancy hunny! xx

awww cuteness!!! i dont have to buy anything cause my two sisters both have young kids so they've already said they have looooaaads of stuff for me! hehe i wanted to shop but it'll save a bundle, im gonna have the same buggy! the three wheeler one is really cute but i gotta say its a terror to get in the boot of the car cause its so bulky! :)

wow shocker thats brill lol!! we folded the 3 wheeler down and it wasnt bad at all... i suppose if ur using the carry cot u need space for that too but i didnt think it was too bad.. the 4 wheeler was worse and very heavy xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->