gut feelings :) :) :)

skyesmom

Angel Mommy
Reaction score
hey ladies! congratulations to all the new brides to be!

i wanted to ask you if any of you just "knew" he would propose at any point of the relationship? did anyone just have a strong gut feeling that you will get married, without any particular reason to feel and believe so??:winkwink:

I did :) I don't know how I knew, but we had planned to go to London to stay with his sister and all day before I was thinking he was going to propose. I left work early and he picked me up and on the way to London he went off route. I was thinking he was going to propose but didnt want to say anything in case I was wrong. We ended up at a castle and he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I had a feeling a few days before because he was unusually agitated and was asking me things like "you do love me forever right?" Heeeeheeee! Wish I could go back to that moment of proposal though! It was a shock even though I knew it was coming!

I had a feeling my (now fiance!) was going to propose on my 30th birthday. Well my birthday (on a wednesday) arrived and I was presented with a beautiful diamond necklace. Obviously I was over joyed with this gift and I thought oh well no proposal. My birthday celebration was a dress up halloween party on the Friday night and he propsed infront of 200 people in the speech! It was unreal. i had the party with my fiances best friend who also propsed to his partner too! It was so awesome amd we have pictures of the moment to keep forever.

thanks ladies!! both of those sound lovely! and hshucksmith, i really really hope your angels come back to you asap <3 <3 <3

I knew it was coming but thought it would have been Christmas.

Throughout my pregnancy OH kept telling me he couldn't wait for LO to turn up so we could be a family and he really couldn't wait to make us a 'real family' lol :)

I knew it was coming, I even chose my own ring! I didn't know the day though, he proposed two days before Christmas, I fully expected a Christmas day proposal!

I was clueless :dohh: but then we had only been together just over a month so it was a MASSIVE shock! Another few months and we will finally be married :happydance:

I didn't have a clue either! Looking back I should have added the little things together really but it was really lovely not knowing x

I always knew we'd end up getting married and I had a gut feeling he was going to propose in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.... didn't have a gut feeling he'd do it in 2012 though, and that's when he did :rofl:

Mind you my gut feeling is wrong 99% of the time, I was even convinced Oli was going to be a girl :haha:

I did and didn't!
We went on a romantic holiday for our 5th anniversary, and I was kind of expecting it. It never happened, and after a couple of missed possibilities I threw a bit of a tantrum because I was annoyed that he hadnt (we'd been talking about for years) but at the same time telling him that it would have been too cheesy and I wouldnt really have wanted him to do it like that anyway.

Then literally 2 weeks later we had to leave the country for visa stuff to take effect, so we'd booked a cheap trip to Cambodia. After my tantrum I figured Id scared him off for a while more, but the morning we went to see the sunrise over Angkor Wat he dropped the question out of nowhere. Totally wasn't expecting it! He said after that he had been thinking of asking on our romantic trip, before my outburst ;) but he'd also felt that it wasn't really "us".

I did and didn't!
It never happened, and after a couple of missed possibilities I threw a bit of a tantrum because I was annoyed that he hadnt (we'd been talking about for years) but at the same time telling him that it would have been too cheesy and I wouldnt really have wanted him to do it like that anyway.

He said after that he had been thinking of asking on our romantic trip, before my outburst ;) but he'd also felt that it wasn't really "us".

hahha that's great!!! so happy for you two!

...the fact is, i have this funny feeling out of nowhere that it will happen and i just can't explain myself where it is coming from!

OH proposed yesterday and I had NO idea!! None whatsoever! He has seemed really against getting married any time soon but apparently that was all a clever plan to take me by complete surprise and boy did it work. I didn't know what to say haha. We went out for a nice meal (which we often do) and came back and chatted with my mum for a while (she was babysitting whilst we went to the restaurant) and when she left I stood up to get changed and he stood up took my hands and got down on one knee.

The meal had been planned for a while and being crazy about wanting to get married I had hoped it would happen yesterday but I didn't ACTUALLY think it would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->