Gym workouts

mummylove

Reaction score
Well tomorrow i am starting back at the gym to lose some of this weight. I was just wondering if anyone goes gym, How many times u go and what ur work is?

I just need some advice on workouts for weight loss.

So please share with me ur routine when u go gym

I try to go 2/3 times a week. I mainly do classes, cardio tennis and legs bums and tums. If I go to the gym, i do approx 1hr, including 5 mins warm up on rower, 20 mins running then alternate between legs and arms on the weight machine.
I find the gym a bit boring though, and personally, I get more out of the classes. I like to have someone shouting at me to do exercise :haha:

I go 2-3 times a week. I tend to do around 15 minutes on high intensity on the elliptical cross trainer. Then il do some ab crunches with weights. I then move on to the rower for around 20 minutes. Then some leg weights. Bit of everything :)

I try to go around 2-3 times a week. I do 10-15 mins on the rowing machine, 10-15 minutes on the cross trainer and then the rest focusing on the weights machines - usually shoulder press, chest press, leg press, pull down machine and abdominal machine :flower:

I used to go three times a week but I'm lucky to get there even once these days.

When I did go I did a 5 minute warm up on the treadmill then around 40 minutes doing weights. Sometimes I will just go in and do an hour on the treadmill or cross trainer.

It did me no good though, I was stuck at the same weight for about 6 months. It's only since I've cut down dramatically that my weight has begun to come off.

I go twice a week, I go to a class (45 minutes long) and then the gym after for about 45 minutes. I do 10 minutes on the rower, 10 minutes on the cross trainer, 10 minutes on the stepper and 10 minutes on the bike. I do 5 minutes of weighted hooping. Soeties I'll weight train if I can be bothered but the one class I go to is weight based so I feel like I get enough.
When you sign up your instructor should put together a program for you to follow and talk you through how to use the relevent equipment.

I go 5-6 days a week. I take 5 classes (mix of Zumba, Power, Step)- Although I always get 2x's Power for weights. Then my "off" 6th day I just do ellipital or walk/job type thing.

When I first started though- I still went 4-5days, but did more cardio on the elliptical or treadmill or stepper... and then added in light weights. And just worked my way up from there till I felt ready for classes :) I enjoy the classes more cause I am more motivated- I burn more calories- and with a certain class at a certain time- I have less excuses to put off going... haha. I just fair much better this way!

When I go I use the treadmill, bike, rowing machine and cross trainer.

I've just started that C25K (couch to 5K) app for a change to the gym. So far I'm finding it easier to run outside compared to a treadmill.

I go Mon,Wed,Sat each week.
I run 3km on the treadmill, this takes me 20 minutes, I will then do some weights, free and machines, squats. I usually end with rowing machine and then I might swim for 10-15 minutes, the pool and spa area is like my reward.
If I do a class I usually go to spin which is very intense but gives amazing results.

I go Monday-Friday.

Mondays are dedicated to arms (an hour of weights) followed by 20 minutes of treadmill intervals (sprint for 1 minute, power walk for 1 minute).

Tuesday- an hour of cardio (20 minutes stair master, 20 minutes elliptical, and 20 minutes treadmill intervals)

Wednesday- leg day. My favorite. 20 minute treadmill intervals at the end.

Thursday- an hour of cardio (same as Tuesday)

Friday- shoulders and back, 20 minute treadmill intervals.

You can go onto YouTube and google "arm workouts", "leg workouts", "shoulder workouts", etc, for more detailed exercises. I'm big on strength training, and HIIT (treadmill intervals are great for this) is a great fat burner.

How do u remember treadmill intervals. Just reading up on it. I like sound of it. But how do I remember what speed and time to change

I don't go to the gym but I power walk a lot. I aim for 2 hours daily but don't often manage it. If I went to the gym I'd probably do mostly cardio but in intervals of fast paced and manageable work outs. I like the rowing machines, cross trainers and treadmills, though my favourite is the climbing wall though not all gyms have one.

How do u remember treadmill intervals. Just reading up on it. I like sound of it. But how do I remember what speed and time to change

Most treadmills have an interval setting you can set. Otherwise, I just switch it at every exact minute.

Good luck! They are tough, but I always feel fantastic afterward.

I bloody didnt get to go today was s looking forward to it. Did what i needed to this morning went council then was walking down to the gym i get a phone call and my daughter as been sick and got diarrhea at nursery so had to go get her. Gutted. I wont even get to go this week now as she will have to be off 2 days. Ad my membership is on peak time

:hugs: It happens.

My daughter and I went to the gym this morning only to have to come back home without getting a workout in. The childcare instructor had called in sick to work and her replacement was on her way. I ended up leaving after waiting for 30 minutes.

I'm hoping to go this afternoon after my son is out of school.

I aim to go about 2/3 times a week. I start with 15-20 mins treadmill, my intervals vary as some days I find it difficult especially if I havnt been. Right now I'm working on my abs the most so I do 20 full sit up 20 crunches then 10 set ups 10 crunches then the final 5 and 5.

I then weight bare on my arms and pull my legs up and do the same as I do for sit ups.

If I do weights I focus more on my upper arms and chest.

I do free weights at the gym; I tend to do big complex moves (using multiple muscle groups), like squats, deadlifts, rows, bench press, shoulder press, cleans and snatches.
I don't really do cardio in the gym, coz I run 3x a week too.
If you're new to the gym, I'd recommend booking in with a trainer, so they can show you what's what.
Gokd luck :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"