had contractions on and off since 6'o clock tuesday any opinions welcome!

lovelylaura

3 little girls
Reaction score
ok so i started to get contractions on tuesday night at 6 they were every 5 mins for about 45 secs each at about 12 they settled down and went to bed.every time i got up in the night i could still feel them but they were really mild.i got up at 7 as i couldnt sleep any more as they were getting more uncomfortable again then at about 12 they died down again for the rest of the day i had the odd one and quite a few pains. i rang my mum in the evening and while i was on the phone they started up again every 5 mins for a minute each that was at 7.45 and they didnt stop untill about 1 in the morning and so i laid on the sofa for 5 mintues but was to uncomfortable so went and sat on my birthing ball and wow i was having these strong stabbing pains really low with no break rang labour ward and told them i was coming in lol still having them for 30 minutes like that. the midwife checked me over but as soon as she got me laying down they fizzled out again! she did an internal and was only 1 cm!! she did a sweep, came home and it all stopped but today ive started to lose my plug and still having pains but not contractions . is my body just to tired now or was it something of nothing ?

thanks for reading sorry if its a bit babbled lol xx

I'm in the same boat with regards to contractions starting and stopping, although mine have been very irregular so I haven't gone too much into it with regards to calling the labour ward and what not.

It sounds like you may be in slow labour which can happen for a few days or weeks, or they could have been Braxton Hicks, the best thing you can do is time them, and keep the labour ward on speed dial. The midwives are the best people to speak to at this point when your so close to your due date. It could be your body just getting ready, or it could just be the slow start to the main event.

I probably haven't helped any, but stay positive and I hope this is the start for you chick, good luck xxx

Hun this was happening for at least a good week before i "went into labor" with ds1 when i went into labor they didnt stop or ease up they just carried on at regular intervals for 2 days before active labor really kicked in and i needed my tens machine and to go to hospital my "labor" was 56 hours with 13 hours in hospital before I had him.
your body hasnt done this before so its got some work to do getting ready and toned up for it all. best thing to do is keep up with your normal stuff in the daytime and try to sleep as normal till you kick up a gear. lots of sex ( not that you probably feel like it :rofl: ) will help speed things up

mine where for 3 days hun sounds like slow labour hun hope it goes well keep us updated :)

sorry totally forgot i posted this :dohh:

any way things did get better they got to a minute and half each and about 3 minutes apart for about 3 hours but then they all stopped again and now havnt had any since then and that was yest morning :( been having sharp pains really low down like in my bits lol presume its my cervix and were baby is pushing on it , oh well she will come when ready lol i just hope i stop getting contractions untill then 13 hours each day is just too long without any baby to show for it xx

This happened to me for 3 WEEKS!

it is very common. And while it is frustrating, it is your bodies way of preparing for the birth of your baby. But each contraction you have is one less contraction you have to have when you are in actual labor. So relax, go spend time with your DH/OH, have sex (it will be the last time for a bit, so do your OH a favor!LOL), go for a last minute shopping alone, do something to get your mind off of it. When the time is right your body will let you know. With #2, I had prodromal labor, and was 4 centimeters for a week and a half. I wont even tell you when contractions started with #3, #4, and #5!! LOL!! Hugs! I know you want that baby, and that you are ready, but he/she is not. Soon though!

With my Lo I had contractions through the night and woke up the next morning with nothing for 4 nights running.... he arrived on the 5th night :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->