had my 12 week scan today

lalitas charm

Mummy to Bethan & Piplet
Reaction score
Hey there,

I had my 12 week scan today and everything is ok which is GREAT!! :cloud9: When they first picked it up the baby wasn't moving and I was a bit worried since I had that accident 2 weeks ago, until the doc showed me the heart flickering away. The heart wasn't as clear as it was in the scan I had at 9+5 but I guess that is because the little one is more developed so the heart is more enclosed. It is much much bigger than the last scan it was amazing. Then it kinda woke up and waved it's arms about and turned towards the scanner and then turned it's back to it and we could see the little spine really clearly. I'll try to post the pics over the weekend. They are pretty good. The med speak is that I have a "singleton viable fetus" which has me well pleased. I've been put forward by 2 days so I will have to change my ticker some time.

I'm so pleased as I was getting worried again after the accident etc. I should just relax now.

For those of you who read my post about my dilema about the blood tests the consultant said that he would see if there was a way to get round it but he didn't understand how I was feeling and kinda looked at me as if I was mad. He kept saying that he treated people that he knew and his mum knew but it is a whole other situation. Also he said if he had tests he would have to accept that people he knew would see them but he is a dr and knew this could happen when he became one, I'm not in the med profession. He said that he will call me the week after next as he is off next week. I dont think that he will do anything to help. I have also contacted a private clinic to see if they can conduct them annonymously also so I will let you know what happens.

Jx

So glad it went well for you hun :happydance:

Fingers crossed you get some assistance re: the tests, i am sure it can't be as difficult to organise as they are making out! :dohh:

Good luck!

great news xx cant wait till my 12 week scan on monday!! xxx

Thanks Rebaby, I dont understand how it is so difficult either, everything is done by your hospital number anyway, all I am asking is that they take my name off the label, how difficult could it be?? They were making a fuss about me declining the tests but I have repeatedly said that I will have the tests so long as they are anon..... I'm happy to have them. We shall see what happens, I'll let you know.

enjoy your scan on Monday Elaine!! It is amazing how quickly they grow. It kinda blew my mind!! I really didn't expect it!!

:hug:

so glad it all went well hun, hope you get them tests sorted have you thought about writing a letter to head of ante-natal see if that would help explaining everything xx

Glad your scan went well. Remember with your blood tests - you DONT have to have them. If you are happy that you dont have HIV, hep b or syphilis, you can say no to the test xxx

aww hunni i',m glad your scan went well sweetheart, i so hope that the drs can sort out doing your tests annonmously, is there any chance they could fe-ex or summat ur bloods to a clinic in england? where they wont b handled by your mum

Thanks Ladies, I've been told that the tests must be done in my mum's work as I asked about another lab (grr) and also that if I dont have them then I have to take the anti-viral drugs for HIV as they have to assume that they are pos. It is a frustrating process and I have a feeling that in the end I will be beaten down. but I'll put a good fight up until the end.

thanks and :hugs: to all. Jx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"