had my amnio - not good news - update page 4!!!

hopingtobemum

Reaction score
Hi there
I had the amnio this morning. Before she did it she did a scan of baby which didnt show good results unfortunately. The baby showed up measuring only 16 weeks (I'm supposed to be 19+6 according to other scans and dates!) and it also showed excess fluid and skin thickening around baby. She explained that this could be markers for the 3 chromosome disorders she's going to test for with the amnio and so its probably not good news. But she also did say something about the fluid being there can be caused by infection or something. Has anyone had any experience of being told this? She said that the best thing to do would be to do the amnio and get those results back and then we would go from there! If the results did happen to come back negative then she said we would still have to investigate as to why baby is so small and about the fluid!

So I am very numb at the moment and not sure what to do! I have hardly stopped crying since this morning.

Can anyoen give me any advice or anything?

oh hun, I am sorry to hear this. I dont have any advice but I really do hope your results come back fine and that bubs is ok...

Thinking of you x x x x

I dont have any advice either - sorry but i want you to know i am thinking of you :hugs: xxx

No experience but wanted to offer :hugs:

how long before you get the results? x

Awwww chick, im so sorry to read this.

I have no advice, im sorry :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

V xxxx

So sorry to hear you have had this news hun x I dont have any advice as such but will be wishing you the best for the results xx

I am going through something similar. Details are in my thread on 1st tri.

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...2-week-scan-cystic-hygroma-update-pg-5-a.html

Nothing was mentioned about infection though. We are currently waiting for CVS resulkts, but have been told that whether it shows chromosome abnormalities (Downs, Turners, Edwards or Pataus) or not, our baby has a less than 5% chance of making it to term. There is also a concern about heart problems.

Sorry to be so blunt. I know exactly how you are feeling, and i had messages from people who had been through similar and was glad for their honesty.

Aww sorry to hear this hun. I have no advice either! I hope that the results come back ok tho! big :hugs:

they say I should get the first part of the results (looking for the 3 main chromosome disroders) back by wed probably or maybe thu!
Thanks for all your help and support guys xxxxxxxx

Should have had mine today but got to wait till tomorrow now :(

Feel free to ask any questions, i have done hours of research since our scan last week :(

i have no experience of this so sorry cant offer any advice - will be thinking of you tho & really pray that you get good results :hugs: x

I'm sorry no experience either just wanted to send some :hugs: and wishing you luck xx

Sweetie I am so sorry to hear what you're going through. I wish there were words.:hugs:

Yes, in utero infections can cause the swelling around the baby (called fetal hydrops in medical lingo) but the differential diagnosis is huge, from chromosomal problems to heart defects, to other genetic conditions and infections. Also severe fetal anemia can cause it... My thoughts are with you hun :hugs:

Thinking of you and baby, hope everything turns out to be okay hun xxxxx

I am so sorry to hear your news. I hope the days pass quickly for you between now and getting news.

Hydrops can cause swelling- we had to find out a lot about Hydrops after I was exposed to Slapped Cheek during this pregnancy. We knew I wasn't immune due to the tests carried out after our son died.

i dont have advice but wanted to let you know thikning of you and sending you love

Hey Hun, sorry I can't offer any personal experience but my friend has just been through something similar. Her baby has excess fluid around it's body, and a blood test result if 1:9 I think (sorry I don't know the full details, she
was v upset) her oh has downs in his family, and she has cf in hers, so the Docs said the outlook wasn't good but came back all clear, fluid was an infection but her baby is doing fine. Fingers crossed for u hun xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->