Had my early scan!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Shell'sAngels, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Shell'sAngels

Shell'sAngels Well-Known Member

And pleased to report, One baby in the UTERUS!!!! yay!! i was so worried for another ectopic but nope and a heartbeat, they put me at 6wks 3days.

They scared the c*ap outa me at one point, cuse the consultant turned around asked the nurse if there was another sac he was seeing lol i thought my god twins! but after alot of prodding and going internal it was just fluid around the one sac? i asked what that was all about they said its prob old blood and will go. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? i worry about everything lol

Shell xx

2. tinadecember

tinadecember Mummy to Evie and TTC

i dont have any idea about the fluid part hun, but just wanted to say congrats on seeing a heartbeat!! its amazing isnt it xx

3. bunnyg82

bunnyg82 Mum to 2 gorgeous boys

Glad to hear about the baby being in the right place :thumbup:

I am sure if the fluid was anything to worry about they would tell you or want so see you again xx

4. MrsP

MrsP Mummy to Eleanor & Henry

Glad it went well hon x

5. EmmaM2

EmmaM2 new mummy

excellent news congratulations!

6. ladypotter

ladypotter Three Girls!!!

Great news!! Yeah, I wouldn't worry about the "other sac"...probably similiar to what I have and they said that typically over time, the body reabsorbs the old blood or it could leak out a bit (like mine does). At one point in the U/S I thought I had THREE sacs...one ended up being the fluid of blood.

7. BeanieBaby

BeanieBaby Well-Known Member

Congratulations that's fabulous news, so happy for you, you deserve a happy ending after what you've been through. Don't know about the fluid but it sounds like they weren't worried so I think you should relax and try and enjoy things. You can change your status from worried now! :hugs:

8. smidgen

smidgen Mummy 2 Finlay & 4 angels

Congrats! I was scanned last week at 6+1 weeks due to some brown discharge type spotting and they found a sac of blood as well - they said it was an implantation bleed and that some of it would be absorbed by my body and some may leak out - they didn't seem concerned,were quite matter-of-fact really. hope this helps and doesn't give you more worry x

9. mexymex

mexymex Active Member

yay, congrats to you :) xx

10. nineena

nineena mummy to a gorgeous girl

Yay what great news you must be so pleased :) Try not to worry about the fluid round the sac,as others have said if it was a concern they'd be keeping a very clos eye on you!!! Enjoyit :) xxx

11. Shell'sAngels

Shell'sAngels Well-Known Member

thank you guys, wow im pleased others know what i am talking bout with the fluid so reasurring thats what i love about these sites! thank you x

12. lumpybumpy

lumpybumpy Well-Known Member

Oh that is wonderful news, I'm so pleased for you what a relief too. I hope you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy now, you've given me hope too. I wouldn't worry about the fluid thing, there are lots various bodily fluids that show up on scans which can't always specify. Hooray Bean is in the right place!!