Had my early scan....

Holly82

Mummy to 10
Reaction score
I had my early scan yesterday at what we assume is 6+6 going by my lmp. It was to rule out eptopic as I previously had one.

It was in the right place, but they could only see a gestation sac and yolk sac. They said I’m in early pregnancy and that they will re scan me in two weeks to assess viability. Now I’m worried because in one of my previous pregnancies I had a scan at 6 weeks and saw my ds heartbeat and all was well. I expected to see at least that this time. I’m not having much sickness, just smell aversions really, so now I’m in termoil and feel like this pregnancy isn’t going to go anywhere and assuming the worst.

I’m crying all the time and can’t stop thinking about it. I cant talk to anyone and I’m so snappy and distant from DH. 2 weeks feels like an age away.

I’ve googled my situation and it seems really common, but I can’t help assume the worst. I don’t know what to do with myself.

Thats rubbish honey! My situation was similar to yours as the dates go when I had the scan but unfortunalty we didn't have a good outcome. We did return for further scan after a week and heartbeat and baby could be seen but it was measuring small. Could you have your dates wrong??

I had the exact same thing. I thought I was further going off my periods. And they only saw the same as you. I went back 2 weeks later and all was fine. Even saw the heartbeat xx

I am hoping maybe you just ovulated late! I hope you get to see that heartbeat on your next scan. Hugs!

Thanks for replying x

I think I ov as early as the 16 to the latest of the 20th sept. I’d didnt opk and only went on cm and my usual ov dates. I remember doing a cheap brand test on 30th which was negative, so waited till I missed af on 3rd Oct. got a blazing BFP on 4th x

Just been out doing the school run, had to stand around for a little while and ended up feeling really dizzy all of a sudden and being close to fainting, managed to find somewhere to sit and felt better, but been feeling sick since x

Sorry you had a funny turn like that :( I am glad you're feeling better now :hugs:

Well I got my head in gear, been having some ms and other symptoms so been trying to chill out until next scan.

That was fine till just before I went to bed when I went to the toilet and wiped and saw a tinge of brown. I started worrying but didn’t tell DH. Half an hour later I check and I can barely see anything. I eventually nod off and wake up this morning, go to the loo and there’s nothing. And there has been nothing since. I rang EPAU up and explained but she didn’t seem concerned and just said if I start getting pain and bleeding to call back and they will bring my scan forward.

Now I’m thinking should I just book a private scan??? I’ve found a place that can fit me in tomorrow afternoon, but I’m nervous and unsure if I’m being hasty and should just wait until the 5th x

Any advice??? Xx

I have had 3 scans so far and I am 9 weeks 5 days. They are cheap by me so I figure why not? LOL. This is probably my last pregnancy so I am going to see the baby as many times as it takes to make me feel at ease. I know I will chill out some when I finally start feeling the lil bub. I say do whatever makes you feel more at peace!

With ds2 i had lots of scans both nhs and private, I had one on a Wednesday which I was 6 weeks, i then spotted on the sat morning and our local private scan managed to fit me in, it certainly kept all my fears at bay as much as it could with how many losses I had. If you can afford it go for it, it will put your mind at ease x

It happened to me with both my early scans. I was 7 weeks with both however, saw nothing.

Went back 2 weeks later and both babies had heartbeats.

Then at my dating scan they’d both caught up to my dates I had originally. Don’t be disheartened. I know it’s hard, I remember the torture of waiting 2 weeks all so well still, but it doesn’t mean the worst! Xx

Thank you everyone. I was so close to booking the scan tomorrow, but hadn’t mentioned it to DH until just now. I asked him if he would be annoyed if I went for one and he couldn’t come and he said yes. he can’t come with me as he’s working tomorrow and says everything will be fine and it would be a waste of time and money when the other scan is only in a few days time.

I’m gonna wait it out as much as it’s gonna drive me nuts x

I would wait. I am in the same position as you. I went for an early scan on Thursday last week and just a sac and yolk sac was there. They said to go back in two weeks. Over the weekend i was super paranoid as i have had a bleed 2 weeks ago also, so I stupidly booked another scan in a different private clinic (3 days later) but got the same outcome only the sac had grown slightly. Told to come back in 2 weeks. I know its hard but ive looked back and this exact same thing happened with my first pregnancy, only with my ds there was nothing in my womb at 6weeks. Hes now a healthly mad 6 year old. With my 2nd son i was also put back two weeks. I ovulate late. You might have just ovulated late. Am sure all will be fine on ur next scan xx

I’m pink spotting :( only when I wipe.

Don’t know what to do now. Don’t want to worry DH x

@Holly82 we are in the same boat. I went to the doctor two weeks ago which I was suppose to be 6 weeks and it was for spotting. They only did blood work for us which at that point my levels were 3,900 so I got a call saying don’t worry everything will be fine.

This past Saturday I went and did a private scan according to my calculations I should have been 7 weeks and 5 days. The lady who did my scan is actually a nurse practitioner who told me that based on my yolk sack I’m only 5 weeks and 5 days. I don’t understand how that’s even possible.

So today I go for my 8 week scan and it’s a transvaginal and the doct tells me that I had a miscarriage. She gives me all these options and tell me she will call me tomorrow. She didn’t even give me a chance to wait two weeks. This is my DH and I first child.

My sister told me to wait two weeks to see if I can just have a miscarriage naturally or maybe a baby will pop up. Idk what to do

Is this your first baby? I had a little bit of red spotting with my first baby. it was around the same time as you 7 to 8 weeks. I've also read a ton of stories of women having spotting during early pregnancy and everything was okay in the end. Only a few more days until your scan, hoping everything turns out well for you Fx.

Pink has stopped already x I’ve spoken to DH and booked the scan x never had spotting in my previous pregnancies. Will have to go alone tomorrow and it’s a 20 mile drive away xx

Good luck at your scan! Also try and remember that every pregnancy is different. With my girls I had horrible morning sickness to the point where I needed to be hospitalized. I was expecting the worst with this pregnancy but ended up having hardly any symptoms and I'm almost 30w now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->