Had my twin girls

midori1999

Reaction score
For those who have been following my other thread...

I started showing signs of infection early this morning and went into labour. Megan was born at 2pm. There was a lot of puss around her when she was born from the infection. They did try and resuscitate her but she wasn't strong enough and as she didn't respond after oxygen and surfectants we decided to let her go. She never really breathed on her own and died very quickly and peacefully in my arms. She is in our room tonight in a tiny cot.

Twin 2, imogen, was born at 2.11pm. She was whisked off into another room to be resuscitated and had already gone up to nicu before they'd finished working on megan. Imogen is 574g. It's early days and she is ventilated but on 21% oxygen, which is air, so encouraging. She's by no means out of the woods, her lungs are very immature, but a scan showed no brain bleeds as of yet. If she can make it past the next 72 hours, that's a good sign, but it's an hour at a time for now. The doctors have been quite negative about her chances, but hey, we're used to their doom and gloom now and are staying hopeful.

Thanks so much to everyone who has given their support over the last weeks.

I'm so sorry:( RIP Megan:cry:

I'l be thinking of you and your family and little Imogen over the next 72hrs:hugs:

So sorry for your loss... my thoughts are with you and your family and will be praying for Imogen to pull through. x

i am soooooo sorry for your loss hun my thoughts and prayers are with you, i hope your little princess keeps fighting and stays with you, i'm keeping everything crossed and going to light a little candle for your little angel gone way too soon XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I am so sad and sorry for your loss, RIP little Megan...

You and your family and little Imogen are in my thoughts:hugs:

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Hold on tight Imogen!

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Thinking of Imogen- she sounds like a little fighter already.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your darling daughters.

I am so sorry for your loss hun!!! RIP Megan.

Keeping everything I can crossed for Imogen.

so very very sorry for your loss RIP beautiful Megan - stay strong Imogen - we are all thinking of you xxxxxxxxx

so sorry for your loss, i hope all works out stay strong xx

So sorry for your loss, I really really am hoping Imogen pulls through! I'll be thinking of you and your family over the next 72 hours, fingers crossed!! xxxx

Im sorry for your loss, fingers crossed Imogen gets stronger as each day passes :hugs:

First of all hun congratulations for holding on for as long as you did & on the birth of your girls. I am so sorry that you have lost little Megan & will be thinking of little Imogen and keeping everything crossed that she continues to fight & hang on x x

I'm so very sorry for your loss, sleep tight Angel Megan.

Imogen, stay strong little one.

My thoughts are with you and your family xxx

Oh, Midori, I'm so sorry to hear about little Megan. Sending lots of positive thoughts & hugs your way for Imogen.

Take care xxx

Oh no I missed this and replied to your other thread as I had it subbed and don't normally visit this forum.

So so so sorry to hear about Megan, but you fought as hard as you could for her hun and I hope that brings you some peace. I hope Imogen shows as much determination as you and hangs on in there, you deserve some happiness xx

So sorry for your loss, hoping & praying that Imogen gets stronger and stronger xxx

I'm so so sorry for your loss of your little precious girl:cry:

I will hold little Imogen in my thoughts and pray she fights her way to good health:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->