Had to turn down a last minute scan today!!

chocolate

Reaction score
Im gutted but knew I made the right choice but am feeling all dissapointed!

I have been waiting for my nuchal appointment and they recieved my notes late, so they are trying to book me in as next week is the latest it should be done. So I rang them and they asked if I could go in at 1:50pm today as they were already over booked for next week. I ummed and aarghed but have decided its not possible - the hospital is 35 mins away, and I have my ds 18 months and also another 18 month old I look after. So Id have to wake them early, bundle in the car, and try to endure the scan while Im sure the boys will be bored, and then drive all the way home.
Its snowed here too so no doubt trafic will be bad.

Im so disappointed as I know I could have had it done today - but I also know next week would be much easier as I have the week off so only my ds to contend with!

And I still havent heard back with a day and time!:shrug:

ohhh hunni i hope they can get you in soon sorry it was practical for you. xxxx

ohhh hunni i hope they can get you in soon sorry it was practical for you. xxxx

Thanks - now have to wait till the 29th - but at least im not working, but means family wont know till after Christmas. But this is our 2nd so dont think they will be as excited anyway ifuswim. They have ds to spoil over Christmas so that enough excitement O:)

i had a scan but it was pointless and i have to go back on 13th jan tut tut.... wishing you look for yours and a good xmas xxxx

i had a scan but it was pointless and i have to go back on 13th jan tut tut.... wishing you look for yours and a good xmas xxxx

Thanks - I suppose atleast I have Christmas and a few days to relax before the scan so should be here in no time. Good luck for yours too xx

aww that must have been gutting! Hope you get to see your bubs next week xx

Was your NT scan free or private? x

Its free - but my other hospital choice dont offer them - my friend is booked there and had to pay a few hundred for hers!

Yeah. I'm having to pay £210 for mine. Still, you can't put a price on your child's life. x

Hey crossroads.
Just wondering where in Newcastle you live and why you're having to pay for an NT scan? Which hospital are you under? Just I am in Newcastle also, and I get a 12 week and 20 week scan under normal policy.
xxxx

Its free - but my other hospital choice dont offer them - my friend is booked there and had to pay a few hundred for hers!

Yeah. I'm having to pay £210 for mine. Still, you can't put a price on your child's life. x

Hey crossroads.
Just wondering where in Newcastle you live and why you're having to pay for an NT scan? Which hospital are you under? Just I am in Newcastle also, and I get a 12 week and 20 week scan under normal policy.
xxxx

I think she means she has to pay for a Nuchal scan which tests for Downs, Edwards and something else .... my hospital does it for free but the other one near me doesnt.

Hey crossroads.
xxxx

I think she means she has to pay for a Nuchal scan which tests for Downs, Edwards and something else .... my hospital does it for free but the other one near me doesnt.

Ah ok hun. I get all of those tests done automatically at the hospital I am going to. I think the policy should be consistent across the country! Not fair that it's a postcode lottery!! But as Crossroads is in Newcastle, I thought she would be at same hospital as me, but obviously not.
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"