Hair colouring help needed.....

Boomerslady

Reaction score
Ok so all you out there that know about hair might want to slap me, but boots didn't have any stripper in last week so in my 'I must go blonde' mood I bought bleach and out it on my dyed red hair.

I'm sure you're all going ONG you idiot!! Yes it went bright orange and it's now in awful condition.

I've since put 4 boxes of colour on it, 3 perm reds and one semi perm brown. Every time I dye it, it looks great, as soon as I wash it the colour fades so much the ends look ginger again.

How can I fix this without having to out a dye in each week?! I just want the colour to hold to my hair.

Stopppppp with the dyes! That's an incredible amount to use in such a short space of time!

I would not suggest any dyes that use a developer for at the very least a month. Right now you have opened up the hair so much it's struggling to keep any colour-and every single time you apply another you are digging yourself a deeper hole.

The full extent of hair damage may not be obvious right now, it can take weeks for it to show. Imagine a hole in a tshirt. Starts off small right? But it gets bigger. Same principle with hair.

Right now I would suggest moisturising conditioners. And true semi permanents. I've spoken about this before on another post, but there's two types of semis
-the ones on the shelves of stores like supermarkets and boots. These use hydrogen peroxide
- the ones without a developer. Like Directions, Crazy colour, vegan type .

You can use ones without a developer just now-you might find the staying power is better believe it or not!! And if anything, they can be conditioning, but they won't damage your hair. Also using sulphate free shampoo is fab for retaining colour for longer.

And I'd do a few deep conditions in the next few weeks! X

Thanks so much ladies, sorry I'm just replying.

Ceejay, glad you're back on here more now hunni. I wish I'd gone to a salon to start with!!

Atomic, thanks so much for all that help. I've definitely learnt my lesson!! That's really helpful info about which dyes I should be using. Do you have any idea where to buy the semi perm ones you mentioned?

Also deep condition, what does that actually mean?! I've been sat most nights with conditioner in my hair, and it's not doing much. Is there special stuff I can buy?

Hmmm not really, 3 min miracle is good though. The dyes above I mentioned are available mainly online. I've heard good things about the Adore range.

I use sheer blonde deep conditioning treatment and leave it on for 10-15
Mins while in the bath , it does wonders for me. It's not cheap but you can get It with two other products for 3 for £10 at asda x

I second 3 minute miracle too :) somehow my hair isn't that dry and bleached to an inchof it's life lol xx

Thanks ladies, I'll give 3 min miracle a try. Cheers atomic, ill google it now.

A good pure alternative is coconut oil overnight. Most conditioners are laden with silcones (like 3 min miracle) and while thats great for scaffolding any damage in your hair,and making it look good, it hides the true state of your hair, so it's easy for some to think their hair is "just fine"... and then after more processing is goes a bit wrong!

Its a good idea to use a clarifying shampoo and a silcone-free conditioner before deciding to go for a permanent colour/bleach. If your hair can stretch quite a good length without snapping while wet, that's a good sign. It's a really good tip I learnt, something to think about, if anyone wonders if their hair can take more processing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->