Hair Dye Help!!

Autaven

Reaction score
Okay some help would really be lovely at this moment in time and I don't know where else to turn! My friends have always dyed my hair, and while they're coming over tomorrow to do it - I need some advice first!

So I have naturally extremely dark brown hair. I used red henna on it once, and have used 2 boxes of red hair dye on it, both in the last few months (only time I've dyed my hair ever!). But the effects were minimal, and while in the sun it's quite red, I want a striking red.
So I went to Sally's and they gave me a Goldwell Colour Remover, Peroxide, and some pillar box red dye. Friends are coming to dye it tomorrow... but I'm so confused on the actual process myself.

Should I use the Colour Remover tonight? I'm presuming this is to get the red that's there out of my hair for a base for the bleach and new dye? The woman in the shop also told me that I shouldn't let it touch my roots (about an inch..) as this was my natural colour.. Can someone please tell me how it's possible for me to do this haha?

Also with the bleaching process... do I need to bleach my hair first alone, and then bleach it with colour? And will the bleach be okay to use after using the Remover?? I'm sure my friends know all of this but I haven't spoken to them and I'm having a mini panic attack!

I swear I'm not an idiot (I'm a student midwife!) but I really am new to this hair dying stuff and some advice would be amazing ladies :) Thank you so much!

The colour needs to be stripped first.

Then bleached to make it very light.

Then dyed.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend doing all this in one day, I would leave 24-48 hours between each step.

Being Persian, I already know that Henna is so hard to get rid of. However, I think that the bleaching may prob work. Make sure that u do wear a mask. Just a dosposable one is okay. Bleach is a hard substance to breathe in, and being preggers, it won't be a nice pleasant smell.....at least that was the case for me. Next, the bleach may really irritate ur scalp. You might feel some burining.
And lastly, being preggers, u may not achieve the color want. Last year, I was pregnant and I had always been using the same hari dye for ovber four years now. Well, my hair turned green while I was pregnant! Hahah! I was having a heart attack!
I am not saying that u should no0t dye ur hair, mine is bleached as we speak, just be careful!

Did it work? I used to bleach my hair and it would usually need a couple of applications (because first one would just turn it orange!) but not in one go as really damaging - I'd have to make sure I had nowhere to go for a good few days and stay indoors hehe xx

okay, so if ur doing it urself, u need to get the highest volume of bleach. At walmart, there is 30 and 40, so obviously, I used 40....cuz the bleach is stronger.
Next, ur not leaving it on for the right amount of time if it goes orange. It should kinda go to a brassy yellow. So orange means ur washing it too soon.
So, use a high volume bleach, then after a day, put a nice blonde hair dye on top of it, and you will be a sexi mami!
ps: or go to the salon and take the stress of urself, however, once u tell them ur bleaching ur hair, and if ur hair is already damaged, they act like idiots, cuz they are too scared to touch ur hair, just in case ur hair breaks into half.
Lat month I went to the salon (I always do my own hair, but got lazy), the bitch did not wanna touch my hair. SWo I signed something to say that if the products damage my hair even more, I won't complain or sue.
Yes, it worked an it looks absolutely beautiful!
If u lived close to me, i would gladly do it for u. Where do u live???

I'm in cosmetology. First of all henna should NOT be mixed with chemicals....it could really damage that hair. Secondly if its Been a few months then you MAY be ok. If you want to go from dark brown to vibrant red then yes you need to lighten it first. Id suggest 20 volume developer with either the blue koleida color (sorry, unsure of spelling) or Basic White bleach. With you hair being dark naturally it most likely won't go blonde. It will most likely have a red tint to it once bleached. Bleaching the hair is damaging. You're hair will most likely be very course and brittle. Id suggest a very good conditioner. Try Cream of Nature or Infusium. Those are what we use in class and can be bought at Walmart. Design Essentials is also extremely good but its a professional product and not cheap. I would recommend waiting a few days to let your hair rest and repair some before coloring it again. For the very bright vibrant true red you can use manic panic from Sally's. A girl in my class always uses that mixed with another color (something vampire or vampire something, not positive of the name) but it always came out a real bright red. Just know red is hard to remove but does fade on its own quickly. About hairdressers not wanting to touch your hair, its a liability thing. They aren't being bitches or anything. I thought the same thing until I started going to school and found out all the things that could happen. Anything could go wrong when you are mixing chemicals and putting them on your hair. Hairdressers don't like doing chemical services on hair that has been done at home bc it could cause more damage. The hairdresser doesn't know what you did to it last. That's why its always a good thing to keep a record of what you do to your hair (chemical wise) and the results. Not only will it give you something to look back on but also gives you something to show to the hairdresser so they will know exactly what they are getting into. The papers you had to sign are mandatory. The way my teacher put it its CYA (covering your @$$). That way if something does happen and you hair gets badly damages or falls out or anything like that you won't be able to sue her or the salon. Most hairdressers also make you sign one if you have abrasions on your scalp but want her to continue with the service anyway. It's just a precautionary thing. Things can go wrong easily with chemicals. Some shouldn't be mixed. Hope this helps some.....GL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->