Hair Extensions

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
So I'm fed up with my hair and I'm considering ordering clip-in hair extensions. Has anyone actually seen the Jessica Simpson/Ken Paves ones? I know they're synthetic, but are they extremely shiney and fake looking, or are they toned down? Cause if they're really fake looking I can just go to a store here and buy them for 10 bucks instead of chucking out the money for a brand name and making Jessica Simpson rich :rofl:

Also, have you seen the Remy human hair ones? Worth the god awful price or not?

I used to wear clip in ones all the time from some little market stall

They looked real fake & cheap but once in they looked ace :)

If you can pick up dreamgirl extensions over there, theyre really good and theyre cheap too!! They come as one huge strip of hair and you can use as much/little as you like, one packet will do your head one and a half times!!

You can sew your own grips in, get it weaved or glued in if you have a friend who can do it lol, i would offer but your waaaaaaaay too far lol

much much cheaper than the "branded" ones

I have the remy human hair ones....and they are WELL worth it....i have 4 sets of them. And i wouldnt be without them!!

I would never use the fake hair ones, but thats just my personnal preference :)
XxxX

Oh God, it pains me to chuck out that much money for Remi...its hair :shock: hah

I haven't ever worn extensions, so I can't be of any help sorry. I've always wanted to put hair extensions in but they're majorly expensive and the clip on ones always looked stupid on me. :rofl:

I have the Jessica Simpson ones and they are AWESOME! They look so real!! I 100% recommend them! They are a bit pricey tho if you order them online!

I had natural extensions from Sally Beauty, LOVED them! My hair is long enough now that I don't need them.

can you fix them in yourself?

where would you buy some in the uk and what type of price are you talking about?

my hair is shoulder length and i want to know if it will look good longer...(now i've read this..not thought of it before!!!)

Yeah Carolyn,the clip in one's just well...clip in lol.

Or you can get them weaved in like Holly said,which I think is the best choice.

Gluing them in,is no-go! It ruins your hair!!

I've never had them but a girl I know always has them in. She's nearly bald because of the damage they've done. (Glueing them in)

I don't know anywhere near Derbyshire. Sorry. Ask around your local hairdresser's, I'm sure they'll know where you can buy bags of hair from. x

They do have them for half decent prices on ebay. But it seems the only listings that actually match my hair color don't accept paypal :(

I have the human hair ones.
They are fantastic.
However if you buy cheap (£45ish) human hair ones they probably only have about say 50% human hair and the rest is really cheap synthetic and they get split ends and arent as soft and shiney after like 3 days. made that mistake :(
Saying that i still have and use those clip in human hair ones, i found that if you straiten them after each use and brush them thouroughly and wash them in a mix of warm water and fabric softener (i asked a wig shop lady about this lol) it brings them back to soft and shinyness :D

You've only just had your hair cut Rae!!!!!:rofl:

If you can pick up dreamgirl extensions over there, theyre really good and theyre cheap too!! They come as one huge strip of hair and you can use as much/little as you like, one packet will do your head one and a half times!!

You can sew your own grips in, get it weaved or glued in if you have a friend who can do it lol, i would offer but your waaaaaaaay too far lol

much much cheaper than the "branded" ones

I use dream girls, mine are glued in (by myself..how good am I?? LOL!)

They are brilliant and last me aggges!

I use head kandy clip in extensions been using different ones over the last few years and I find that they are the best so far. Would only ever have real hair ones tho not synthetic so you can use heat treatments on them and wash them like normal hair x x

I had mine glued in and had no problems. I did them myself at home. I left them in for 3 weeks and took them out for 3 weeks. You have to know what you are doing if you do them yourself.

I just ordered some Remi clip-ins :) From the UK too...geez that currency conversion is nuts! :rofl:

Can't wait for them to get here, I'm dying for long hair

I have the balmain ones had them for 2 years now, been attached to my head for 8months, colored, cut, had clips put on them and gone tho the mill on nights out and they still look FAB they are expensive tho. about £200

I had clip in extentions the packet says 100% real hair but i don't think it was, but other than that i loved my extentions, they were from some afro caribean shop, unfortunately i used my straightners on them to much and burnt the ends off!! so i'm gonna get some weaved in when i have the money =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->