halloween plans?

welshcowgirl

mum to 3 ds and pg
Reaction score
Just being nosy and wondering what people are doing for halloween.

This afternoon I plan on carving a pumpking with my 4 little people. Then make some spooky cakes with them. I will make them a lil party tea. And put a stew in the slow cooker for me and dh for later. I will get them dressed up for anyone who comes to the door. When dh comes home from work we will take them out to trick or treat. But only visit houses with decoration. And thats about it.

We are having a halloween party tonight, will take the LO's trick or treating, lots of fireworks, lots of food and finally when everyone leaves me and LO will watch a 'spooky' film. Hope everyone has a great halloween x

I'd love to do trick or treating but no-one does it round here anymore! :(
We had our Halloween last week really, we went to an event at the safari park where all the kids dressed up, went to see the bats, got to hold on owl and did a show with the birds of prey, and they had a spooky walk through the forest with actors playing witches etc (it was a bit like an interactive panto) - it was great!
We carved a pumpkin last night though and have some pumpkin shaped biscuits to decorate later. Plus we're doing something like this for tea https://veryculinary.com/2011/10/27/threaded-spaghetti-hot-dog-bites/ with a bright red hidden veg sauce.

That's a shame that nobody trick or treats near you. But the safari park sounds fab. Have a good evening anyway. X

Hopefully, I can still get a pumpkin from somewhere! If so Me and Evie will carve a pumpkin this afternoon, then I'll dress all 3 kids up, take them out trick or treating for an hour, or half an hour depending how cold it is, then it's back to my mums for a Halloween party!

Oh and me and OH have hocus pocus to watch when the kids are in bed :happydance:

My lo is at FOBs (he is a teacher so she always goes for a few days at half term) so not a lot! If she'd been home i would've done a pumpkin with her and probably made spooky biscuits or something. Not into trick or treating though!

We're going to a party at his local soft play centre and hoping to win the costume competition :)

J has a bad cough again, so going to take him out around my close at about 5, after which we'll come back and have some slow cooker stew for tea :)

we carved LOs pumpkin, made some spiders & hung them up, i made some ghost cookies lastnight & she decorated them earlier on, and we made some chocolate coated apples (didnt really want her having toffee). oh & chocolate coated giant marshmallows.

didnt take her trick or treating as i dont really like the idea of it. So this evening we had slow cooked stew & dumplings & watched a film x

Well we went trick or treating after all, it was crazy the street was full of kids! Hasn't been like that round here for yeeeaaars.
Lucas was made up, he couldn't get his head around everyone giving him sweets for nothing :haha: he loved giving treats to all the knockers too.

Some nasty little fucks had to spoil the fun though by stealing his little bike after he gave them sweets :nope:

Well we went trick or treating after all, it was crazy the street was full of kids! Hasn't been like that round here for yeeeaaars.
Lucas was made up, he couldn't get his head around everyone giving him sweets for nothing :haha: he loved giving treats to all the knockers too.

Some nasty little fucks had to spoil the fun though by stealing his little bike after he gave them sweets :nope:

They stole his bike????

Yeah it was in the front garden, they took it as we shut the door. Our neighbour saw them with it but didn't twig it was his until about five minutes later. Very nasty :(

Oh kate that is horrible, poor lucas :(

We went to a halloween party with pumpkin carving and face painting where ivy befriended a skeleton then we trick or treated for an.hour and a half! Sooo many houses celebrated.this year, we had tons of fun and got a crapload of sweets :haha:

Yeah it was in the front garden, they took it as we shut the door. Our neighbour saw them with it but didn't twig it was his until about five minutes later. Very nasty :(

That makes me so furious for you! Did you get it back?

No we kept an eye out and our neighbour did but they didn't come back down. It's more than likely trashed now wherever it is, it'd have been no good to the kids who took it, it was just a baby balance bike and they were about 10/11.
He was so cute though he started crying then after he calmed down he said it's okay, the boys can keep it because he shares his things. It was so lovely of him I went straight online and bought him a brand new bike :blush:

AWH that's so lovely of him! You should track down their parents or even call the police - that is absolutely awful and criminal damage :( it's not like they're cheap. 10-11 year olds should definitely know better. I would be crying aha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->