Happy baby, but concerned mommy

ittybittycoy

Mommy to 3 Girls
Reaction score
So my LO just turned 9 months, on the first, and she still isn't eating many solids... I know this is fine. My concern though, is she isn't taking in much milk either. DH and her went out of town the other day (just for a day trip), and she happily only drank 8 ounces in about 12 hours. How can this possibly be enough?

I am not sure how much she is taking in when home, as we nurse more than bottle feed, but now when she nurses it is very short and only about 4 times daily... not including night feeds, she eats about 1-2 times each night still.

I just don't understand how she can be thriving on such a little amount of milk and solids. I thought it should be closer to an ounce an hour and I don't think we are anywhere near that. Have any of your LO's done this before?

I think this is one of those times when you just need to look at her, and have confidence. It continues when they are toddlers too - they seem to sometimes live on fresh air! It's impossible to tell how much she's having when nursing, as they can be more efficient than you think. If her wee isn't very concentrated, and she's happy and growing, there's nothing to be worried about.

Thank you very much for your reply, I am trying my best not to worry. I just tend to be overly cautious this go around because my laid back parenting approach last time, caused some things to go longer than needed with my middle daughter.

I am probably over thinking this all, so I think I will give it some time and see how things pan out. Plus she has her 9 month well check tomorrow, so hopefully that will give me some reassurance as well.

Thanks again!

Also, do you have any tips for a distracted eater? If anyone talks while she is nursing, she will unlatch herself repeatedly to look. TIA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->