Happyland sets. Are they any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

missk1989

Reaction score
The happyland stuff is on offer in mothercare. the zoo id half price now £35! But are they any good and will my 2 yr old still be playing with it next year?

On another note, everything is on offer and I am skint until next month :(
Digging out the credit card!

My 2 are 2 and 4 and still love the happyland sets

Mine aren't really interested in Happyland, never have been. Thumps down from my house

We only have a 2 little sets so far, a post office and Safari which he really likes. I've got him the village for Christmas was £20 down from £60 in the sainsburys sale :)

My 3 and 5 year olds still play with their Happyland stuff. The 5 year old loses interest quite quickly these days but the 3 year old will play with it for ages.

My kids are 1, 3 and 5 and love happy land. It is played with on a daily basis and we have most the collection (used to work for mothercare so got lots of bargains)
Xx

DD3 still plays with hers too and she's 4, sometimes even DD2 will and she's 6. I'll probably get some more next year when LO is 2 and will be more interested :)

Mine have a big stash of happy land but they never play with it.

I've bought her a happyland cottage for christmas because it was on offer for £25, usually £50. I got it out when it arrived to have a look at it and it's really not worth the £50 so I'm glad I only paid £25. They really need to lower the prices for the happyland sets.

I was very tempted to get the village when it went down to £19.99 in sainsburys a couple of days ago. But only because it was that price. I do feel they are overpriced. And I've already got him the playmobil 123 zoo and park playground so wouldn't want to duplicate those with happy land so I probably wouldn't add to it if I got it. Not sure what to do if there's one left today when I do my food shop!

I got loads of Happyland Sets for my DD for Xmas when she was 2. She's hardly played with them to be honest and they have sat getting dusty on the shelf for years.
She had the Zoo, Train Station, Boot House, Cottage and Princess Castle.

I have just this week actually sold them all to make room for Xmas.
She got a few Playmobil Sets from people for her birthday and she's really got into them. I had never really looked at Playmobil before and I love it!

I think I will get some Playmobil 123 for my 1 year old this Xmas and more regular playmobil for my DD. I like that the figures have legs and move. Bit more interesting perhaps.

xxx

My son doesn't bother with them :( we prefer WOW toys.

We got my LO the treehouse last Christmas when she was 15 months and she didn't play with it that much at first. Recently she has been playing with it quite a lot, using some of her other play figures and animals and using her imagination, so much so, we've got her the village, church, cottage & funfair set for Christmas :)

Saying all that, I do think it is VERY expensive and all the sets we have bought have been at least half price or less.

It is good. Ds got it for his 1st christmas, he's 3 this year and still plays with it, and it will get passed on to dd. However in my opinion its not worth full price, i only buy whats on offer.

we have a selection of new and e bay buys and they all still play with it 8/6/4 1.5

I like it

My DD at 2 wasn't too interested, but at 3 she loved them and still does at 4 1/2!

on offer yeah .... at full price. NO WAY
so overpriced.

My little man loved his happyland sets, I think they are quite good quality and great for imaginary play!

We've got some for Jack. A bus which he likes (all the figures get thrown out though!) and a pirate ship which doesn't get played with. It is well made though. The pirate ship has been sat on and ridden a few times (!!!) and is still in one piece!

Playmobil and Playmobil 123 are better in my opinion though. I much prefer the figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"