Harassment from boss - what do i do?

ShanandBoc

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Im pretty stressed right now and need some advice and a good vent.

I work full time for a beauty company in a clerical position and have only been there since Feb 1st but previously worked there for 5 years.

Today is my 5th day off since i went back due to horrible morning sickness, the first 3 days were a couple of weeks back, where i was feeling really nauseas and was preventing me from sleeping. I started taking m/s tablets using sea bands and that semmed to take the edge off. My bosses sent me messages saying that millions of women get m/s and still go to work etc and that its not good enough.

Then this week i have been off today and yesterday feeling ill again only this time the vomitting has started. I recieved an abusive message this morning that my 3 month review was coming up, that i need to sort myself out and stop wasting their time and that this was beyond a joke and that im letting my 'team' down. ( which is crap all i do is do back up work for others who get paid good comissions on top of their salary for what they do where as i am just on a salary no comissions)

They have said they are going to move me into the 'warehouse' where my attendance wont let any one down and that entails sitting in a hot or freezing cold (depending on the weather) tin warehouse making up powdered make up products where i am required to wear a mask as breathing the powders in can be harmful????:nope:

I am not in a position to give up my job as i really need it, was planning to work until i was around 7 months gone.

The stress cant be good for me and i feel like i am being treated so unfairly. To make it worse my bosses are my sister and her husband and i am getting no sympathy whatsoever. All they care about is me being there to make them their money. The abusive messages have mainly come from her husband who does nothing all day and takes multiple holidays a year.

I just dont know what to do.....they have no right to treat me this way, im so upset right now. I have the phone number to call in regards to my rights but am just too upset to speak to anybody right now. This is the last thing i need :nope:

awwww you should call about your rights babe, i'm so sorryyyy :hugs:

You need to stand up for your rights, because this is not right in any way. Wishing you the best dear. x

Wow. And this is coming from your sister and her husband?
They are violating your workplace rights, are blatantly being sexually discriminating, and are threatening to put you in an unsafe work environment on top of it?
Don't let them make you feel trapped and like you have to take that. Call and report it. You'll be helping yourself, your unborn child, and any other pregnant woman who has the misfortune to work for them.
I don't care if they are family. They don't get to pick and choose which labour laws they feel like following!
Absolutely shocking behaviour.

Absolutely report this. They're not allowed to discriminate against you for being pregnant. I'd get legal advice ASAP.

Yeah, i don't know if Aus is like the UK, but over here a pregnant woma is protected in the workplace. You just can't discriminate like that!! Make sure you start and keep a diar of everything that happens just in case you end up at a tribuneral.

keep all the texts and evidence you can and report them. its not right, its discrimination. them being you family only makes it worse. you need to report them to prtect you, your unborn child and anyone else to go work for them who is PG

YES absolutely keep all the emails/texts and write them all down.

Im absolutely shocked after reading this.
When pregnant you are entitled to paid time off that will not effect your sickness record if it is pregnancy related.
I would be straight on the phone to a tribuneral and i would DEFINITLEY make that phone call about your rights.
Im appauled your sister and brother in law can behave in this way.
I hope you sort it out soon and they start to treat you with some respect.
I too have ahad a few days off here and there so can totally sympathise with you.

As for letting your 'team' down, wont going into work when your sooooo ill be less productive because your not able to work then not being there at all??????

Ok im rambling now. Sorry. :hugs: hun i hope you get this sorted soon. Last thing you need right now if for them to make you feel like this.

xxx

If my sister did that to me (not that she's got the brains for something like that) I'd be kicking her ass and taking her to court!

Thanks for your replies. I ended up off all week and found out what my rights are incase it escalates.

I wont put up with though. I got a message on Friday asking if ill be in on Monday as another staff member will be off for 4 weeks and they cant have both of us off.

Ill just make sure i dont get sick over the next 4 weeks wont i (*insert eye roll here*)

absoloutley this has got to be discrimination if you are within your allocated sick days off then they cannot do anything about it but unfortunatley if you are still in your three month trial they do not need a reason to sack you at the end as you have agreed to a trial basis employment for that period..try and find a number to call to find out your legal rights and go from there.xo

How awful for you. At a time when you should be so happy that is the last thing you need. Make sure you take this further!

Good luck

lol ablacketer classic.

I was contemplating puking all over my desk and computer but on my boss is an even better idea!!! haha :blush::happydance:

Could you speak to your parents about it? I know it's nothing to do with them as it's business but perhaps a quiet word from them will make them see it differently. Are they TTC perhaps and are jealous?

My boss is being a complete arse and it's almost at the bullying stage I've told him today he has to stop, I'm biding my time know I will be off for a year but I'm keeping all the texts he sends me even on my days off, I've not missed one day off work so far, he thinks he can tell me when I am going on maternity leave and he's just ordering me around, changing my contract and working conditions etc worst thing is he's supposed to be a friend.

Someone said earlier that you're entitled to paid time off? Isn't that just for maternity drs appointments etc?

Hi yeh my mum knows about it, she and other members of my family have an opinion about my brother in law and she is the most loving person and sympathises but i guess tries to keep the peace also as she doesnt want to make matters worse, at the end of the day it is their business. She probarly has spoken to my sister in a non confrontational way but my sister is always making up excuses for her husbands behaviour and his influence and the success of their business has affected her. He is very materialistic and for them its all about the company being more successful and making more money even though they more than comftably live off it already. They have 3 children of their own and dont plan to have anymore

In Aus we are not entitled to paid time off for appointments, u can use sick or annual leave if you have any accumulated otherwise its leave without pay.

At least the rest of your family is being supportive. It's difficult but just remember if you do have to go down the tribunal route or official complaint (not sure how it is in Aus) no doubt they will try the "but we're family line" tell them they should have thought about that before they started treating you like that. I suppose your sister had perfect pregnancies and suffered no morning sickness, even if she did it sounds like her husband wouldn't have cared anyway.
Keep strong hun and just think of your baby in your arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->