hard poo stuck in bum (tmi)

Carolyn

Reaction score
this moning that's what we awoke to. we decided to let her sleep and she if it came out. she slept for two and a half hours, woke me up SHRIEKING.

it was stil there!

i bathed her, thi nkin it might loosen. she was straining. it was horrible. i put on a glove that i use for fake tanning! annd gently rubbed the area with oil!!! gradully it came out. then more shriekng and me doinh the gentle action...6 more times! then smiled and weed on my hand!

an hour later, she did another poo, this time it was less hard and came out by itself!

we've been for a walk...she'done another one...this one is right consistency?!

QUESTIONs

1. is this 'blip' caused by something i've eaten?
2. has she been constipated?
3. she's been having one formula top up per day, for two weeks, is this it?
4. if it happens again can i give her anything to help it out?

sorry, tmi.

rang nhs direct, they were unhelpful in their advice. basically she's ok now, so leave it at that!!!!!!!!!

Hi hun, I had this problem with Rihanna from Friday till yesterday afternoon and it was horrid. She was really constipated bless her. HV said not to worry she will sort herself out, try 2-3oz of cooled boiled water inbetween feeds so did on fri and sat and sun and no change, then yesterday gave her some more water..... she projectile vomited about 2 foot across the living room (smelly bile) and then did one huge poo, then feel asleep, then 2 hours later did another.... she seems ok now but no more poo as yet so just hope it aint building up.

I also tried Gripe water which eased her pain but didnt fetch out the poo! lol xx Poor things

yeah i would try more water inbetween feeds, it happens at some point or other x

This is a common problem I believe in babies and the advice I was given was to ensure enough water was given inbetween feeds, if this didnt help I was advised to put a small amount of orange juice in the water to help loosen the stool. I also used to rub my sons bum with a little nappy cream, keeping his legs to his chest to help get things moving. It can be very painful for them, hopefully this is more of a once off thing. I noticed with my son it would happen now and then, rather than being an everyday occurance.

x

Yes i give water to max between feeds and found it dose help allot

thanks..given water, we're nw on the FIFTH poo today!!

awww, glad to hear her poor bum is better now!

awwww bless he glad her littlebum is better now xxx

she's being as niggly as anything, but at least the poo's out..:dohh:

sorry to bump this thread up but would you believe that she did SEVEN poos yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!! surely that's some kind of record?:rofl:

i had a morning like that a few weeks back we had 5 in aout 4 hoursxx

Quite incredible!!!!

What formula are you feeding her? My hv told me not to use SMA as it has a blocking up effect on babies. Out went the SMA, in came Cow and Gate (which she likes better anyway).

Think my likle one is saving up the poop again..... she aint been again for nearly 48 hours so water it is in half hour or so...... bless them. She is bottle feed with C & G ! only had this problem over last 5 days though x

Think my likle one is saving up the poop again..... she aint been again for nearly 48 hours so water it is in half hour or so...... bless them. She is bottle feed with C & G ! only had this problem over last 5 days though x

Uh oh. Get the wipes at the ready!! :rofl:

it was sma gold:dohh:but we've changed to aptimel easy to digest now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->