Hard time keeping food down

salu_34

Reaction score
Friday and today I've had a really hard time keeping my food down. Vomit everything up and then after that it's just bile. Because of this I can't drink water or anything because it just comes back up. Any ladies have any suggestions on how to get water intake without it all coming back up ?

Hi there �� i am the same, some days worse then others. I find it so hard to drink water i find it tastes disgusting! I always liked it before! Its so hard to stay energised and hydrated. I have been eating melon, which is good, or cucumber. But its tough. I feel very sick in the morning and then again at night after dinner, most of the afternoon is ok, but not always.
Also wakng up feelng sick very early in the morning like at 3-4 am ��

Zofran!!! Its the only thing that worked for me

I've got diclectin which is an anti nausea pill. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm going to start talking them more, so hoping it helps me get through the afternoon and night.

Anti sickness tablets are more effective if took regular. Ive got HG been on mine almost 5 weeks now to try and avoid another trip to hosp.

If you cant keep water down you'll get dehydrated as it happens quicker when pregnant id see doc to check you havent got any ketones.

Sometimes you just get to point when your throwing up water that you need IV fluids to bring you back up to an 'OK' level to stomach drinking the water.

I find that water will make me sick unless is it absolutely ice cold. Kind of weird, I guess? But worth a try. Literally, as soon as the ice melts in the water, I have to put more in.

Also, I've said this on some other questions and I feel a little like a broken record ahahah, but Preggie Pops really helped me. Check those out. Inexpensive and effective. Or, if you can stomach the taste of ginger, organic ginger chews will also assist.

Is that prescription?

I've got diclectin which is an anti nausea pill. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm going to start talking them more, so hoping it helps me get through the afternoon and night.

Yes it's prescription. I took it with my son as well, but my morning sickness has been terrible this time, it's finally starting to ease off though, he wrote me an anti nausea pill too, it stinks compared to zofran, Zofran is wonderful :) it will make some people sleepy but heck your sleepy anyways when pregnant so fair trade I think

Preggie pops are really good, they're helping me at least get some fluid in. I suck on one then get a drink while I'm not too nauseous. I'm so nervous about taking medication when pregnant so couldn't take anti sickness pills (the stress would be worse than the ms!). Other than that, sleep as much as you can. I've found exhaustion really feeds the sickness. And remember, it'll be over soon! At least we know baby must be healthy enough if s/he's making us feel this bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->