Hard time visualising just how big baby is

Celesse

Reaction score
I've just been watching Labour and Delivery on Home and Health and there was a 28 weeker and 27 weeker in. Although they look tiny, I can't really visualise that the baby in my tummy is actually bigger than those babies.

I have looked up how long a baby is at 30 weeks (39.9cm) ( https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/fetaldevelopment/chart/ ) and know mine is probably longer cos me and OH are tall, but it just seems very unreal when I measure out that length on a tape measure.
I also looked up head circumferences and measured the average 29 weeker (that was all I could find) against my 8 month old kitten who has the same size head. I can't even feel my baby's head!!

Anyone else finding it a bit unreal just how big the baby is?

Poor kitten, was he impressed?

I got loads of baby things from work today (last day!!) and was measuring them against my bump, still finding it hard to believe never mind visualise xx

hahaha I cannot see how one fits let alone two!!! I keep holding up early baby sleepsuits again my bump and think HOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yep!! 100% my brain won't allow me to connect the dots and work out that he really is inside me, i try soooo hard to "realise it" lol x

I couldn't believe it even when I saw him - I remember thinking how could he have just been inside me???? And he was smaller than what I was expecting!
xx

your not alone, i really cant imagine a baby in my tummy lol, even though I can feel where his body parts are. It just doesnt seem possible that he could fit in there?! :lol: i guess they just curl themselve up whilst in there which is why they look so much bigger when they come out or you measure on a tape measure! xx

I do it! :blush: I hold vests up and think 'nah, no-way' :rofl:

I just can't get my silly head round it :rofl:

I do this too! I've seen preemies born after 27-28 wks and I can't imagine my LO being that size or bigger. I really can't wrap my head around it.

i cant visualise how he fits in my tummy either, when i read those things on babycenter etc and they tell you hes roughly 51cm and you look at 51cm on a measuring tape its so hard to beileve how they fit in there! its beyond me lol.. and i cant find my babies head either lol, i think hes headless :rofl: x

i cant find my babies head either, i have no idea what bits im pressing lol. hes probably had my finger in his eye lol!
Its unreal isnt it, and also quite scarey!! xx

I sometimes have a look for preemies born at the gestation im at and cant believe how big they are and how much they look like a proper baby! Its crazy!!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->