Hard time visualising just how big baby is

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Celesse, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Celesse

Celesse Well-Known Member

I've just been watching Labour and Delivery on Home and Health and there was a 28 weeker and 27 weeker in. Although they look tiny, I can't really visualise that the baby in my tummy is actually bigger than those babies.

I have looked up how long a baby is at 30 weeks (39.9cm) ( https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/fetaldevelopment/chart/ ) and know mine is probably longer cos me and OH are tall, but it just seems very unreal when I measure out that length on a tape measure.
    I also looked up head circumferences and measured the average 29 weeker (that was all I could find) against my 8 month old kitten who has the same size head. I can't even feel my baby's head!!

Anyone else finding it a bit unreal just how big the baby is?

2. chocaholic

chocaholic Well-Known Member

Poor kitten, was he impressed?

I got loads of baby things from work today (last day!!) and was measuring them against my bump, still finding it hard to believe never mind visualise xx

3. Celesse

Celesse Well-Known Member

She was ok with me measuring her head, but got a bit annoyed when I tried to measure her crown-heel length, gave me a quick pat and ran off!

4. _Vicky_

_Vicky_ Mum to twins

hahaha I cannot see how one fits let alone two!!! I keep holding up early baby sleepsuits again my bump and think HOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. 21Rach

21Rach Mum & TTC

yep!! 100% my brain won't allow me to connect the dots and work out that he really is inside me, i try soooo hard to "realise it" lol x

6. sun

sun Mum of 3

I couldn't believe it even when I saw him - I remember thinking how could he have just been inside me???? And he was smaller than what I was expecting!
    xx

7. kayleigh&bump

kayleigh&bump Mum to Finnley & TTC #2

your not alone, i really cant imagine a baby in my tummy lol, even though I can feel where his body parts are. It just doesnt seem possible that he could fit in there?! :lol: i guess they just curl themselve up whilst in there which is why they look so much bigger when they come out or you measure on a tape measure! xx

8. Squidge

Squidge Mummy & WTT <3

I do it! :blush: I hold vests up and think 'nah, no-way' :rofl:

I just can't get my silly head round it :rofl:

9. WTTMommy

WTTMommy Mama to Rach

I do this too! I've seen preemies born after 27-28 wks and I can't imagine my LO being that size or bigger. I really can't wrap my head around it.

10. natlee

natlee Pregnant - 2nd trimester!

i cant visualise how he fits in my tummy either, when i read those things on babycenter etc and they tell you hes roughly 51cm and you look at 51cm on a measuring tape its so hard to beileve how they fit in there! its beyond me lol.. and i cant find my babies head either lol, i think hes headless :rofl: x

11. bexie1985

bexie1985 Well-Known Member

i cant find my babies head either, i have no idea what bits im pressing lol. hes probably had my finger in his eye lol!
    Its unreal isnt it, and also quite scarey!! xx

12. vinnypeanut

vinnypeanut Sleep deprived!!

I sometimes have a look for preemies born at the gestation im at and cant believe how big they are and how much they look like a proper baby! Its crazy!!
    x