Has anyone changed doctors/midwives?

ReReKitty

Reaction score
I live in a new town with this pregnancy, so I can't see my midwife that delivered my daughter. It is such a shame, because she was so wonderful that I'm afraid she has spoiled me. I am seeing a general practitioner (I just agreed to the first doctor recommended by the secretary) and she is very... quick? I know this is my second baby and I may not have as many questions, but I had to wait 30 minutes in the exam room just for this woman to come in, ask me if I'm nauseous, find the heartbeat (saw it on the doppler but still haven't heard that beautiful sound), and as soon as she wiped the goop off my stomach she said "Okay so I will see you again in about a month!" I had to sit right up and tell her I had a couple questions because her hand was already on the door! I understand being busy, but this is the third appointment and has been this way each time. :shrug: Is this just normal? I don't know what to compare it to, because my midwife would sit there and chat and act really excited. This woman just types the whole time and can't wait to leave. :wacko: Does anyone have a doctor like this and its okay? Or am I the only one with an uninterested provider? And besides calling another doctor and asking for my records, do I have to actually talk to my practitioner and tell her I'm leaving? I'm a little too awkward for that. I don't want to cause any tension or make her feel bad, but I used to look forward to appointments. Now I just sit for a half hour to see her for (literally) five minutes. Would have been three minutes if I didn't stop her to answer my questions and even still, she was standing by the door. :blush: I felt like I was annoying her. Anyway if doctors are normally that... quick? or lacking in personality let me know and I'll just get over it eventually. But if this isn't normal and she is just rude, help me figure out how to switch doctors without making things more awkward, please! :flower:

That is bs and it's freaking rude and disrespectful. Who cares if this isn't ur first pregnancy... how does she know that u didn't get much help during ur 1st? She should do her job and do her job right. I don't care if she has to pretend to be concerned.

This is how I was treated and worse at the first military hospital I was going g to. They told me things from me needing to be induced later on when I was only 11 weeks. Telling g me I'm high risk and the nurse acting like she was an ob for 2 appointments until she finally told me she wasn't qualified to give me details... and the first ob I did see was rude and didn't care that I was bleeding and scared. He literally shurgged his shoulders and said "u bled before right?"..like I've been pregnant 8times and know all the answers.

I changed hospitals and should've taken peoples advice sooner. I've learned my lesson. One appt of mine was literally 5 min and less than 30 sec of me being able to see the baby.

It's best if u find someone to be patient with u. The new clinic I go to has 3 ob's and it's more intimate and not rushed at all. I was able to ask questions and not feel rushed at all. U should change while u can. I think it causes more stress to get people who aren't helpful.

Sorry for typing so much. Ur post made me angry. I'm calming down. I hope u get treatment deserve

I called the old hospital and told them I was leaving. I asked for my records, and they said they would leave them in the front desk. It's pretty date and haven't been able to pick up my records, so u fortunately now, I'm starting from scratch. Even with me being high risk, I can't start meds until the new ob monitors my bp since she doesn't have results from last hospital. It sucks, but she makes me feel ore comfortable and less scared. She educated me and reassured me and made me have more confidence in myself and the baby. Sometimes it's worth it to just get out of the bad crappy place

I had a feeling she was being rude but I had nothing to compare it to, so I appreciate the insight! I'm so sorry you had to go through crappy doctors too, and the military docs sound a lot worse! :( I hope everything goes well for you and your baby!! Thank you for your advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->