Has anyone else gone through this?!

bat8301

Reaction score
Hello-
I had a miscarriage five weeks ago. I was 16 wks along and lost a beautiful baby girl. My doc. is saying it was due to an incompetent cervix even though I have another daughter (2yrs.) and didn't have any troubles. Anyway, two weeks ago I started having preg. symptoms (tender breasts, moody, emotional, nausea). I took a test but it was neg. I went to my doc and she did a blood test. My hcg level came back only 6:nope:. She told me to wait a week and get another blood test. I go back on monday. I'm so confused and stressed. Is it possible to have a healthy preg. starting with an hcg of only 6? If my levels are so low, how can I be having such strong symptoms? Has anyone started off with such low hcg levels and gone on to have a healthy preg?

Hi darl sorry ive never had this but didnt want to read and run hun. i am so sorry for ur loss my thoughts are with you. i lost a little one but was only 5 weeks but still was sad for me i have a little boy. and yes it can be possible i think chick sorry im not much help am i. i hope u get the answers u want hunni xx take care

Could it left over friom your privious loss. I no hcg levels take a while to drop and i think they would be quite high at 16 weeks. Just a thought. Im so sorry for your loss.

i had a mc at 14wks but had no reason big hugs baes im now ttc 10 months after took me all that time to get body ready

I'm sorry for your loss hun. I also lost a little girl in the 2nd trimester so I know how hard it is.

Did they test your hcg all the way down after your loss? Is it possible that this is leftover hcg? It took a couple of weeks for my pg tests to go to negative again.

Anything under 5 is considered a not pregnant level so I am not sure with yours.

Keep us posted though won't you.

:hugs: I'm sorry for what you're going through bat.

From what I've read for most people HCG isn't produced much until 11 days after conception, so maybe 6 isn't particularly low for 2 weeks? If it was only 1 for e.g. on day 11, then that would make it 2 on day 13, 4 on day 15 and 8 on day 16 - that would fit with your levels wouldn't it, so you never know!

I've got my fingers crossed for you! x

my hcg was 635 when I miscarriade. they didn't follow it back down to baseline. I never gave it a second thought because I didn't feel pregnant anymore. Then my preg. symptoms came back.
I just can't wait until monday for another blood draw, but I guess I'll have to :). I feel guilty for hoping to be preggers again. I feel like I'm forgetting about the little girl that I lost only a month ago. Has anyone else gotten preggers so soon after a m/c?

Also - hcg isn't the only hormone that gives you the pg symptons :

high levels of estrogen or progesterone can give you....

Cramps
mood swings
Breast sore, tender, and/or enlarged
Feeling fatigued or lethargic

and are both involved in maintaining pregnancy and part of what gives women these symtons during pg.

They are also obviously involved in the menstrual cycle and part of what give us our symptons during a normal cycle.

So I guess that yes, you could have a lower hcg level and get strong symptons.

What matters is how the hcg value compares at your next blood test so I wish you lot's of baby dust and hope for good news after Monday :)

hx

Please dont feel like ur replacing ur lil girl we lost our lil boy at 21 weeks on the 26/12 last year and we have been trying again its when u feel strong enough,

we had a bfp last night but i started spotting this morn so i would wait for the blood tests.

please let me know how u get on X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->