Has anyone else not cared about what foods they "can't eat"?

feedindy

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else is so tired of hearing what foods they can't eat. I have eaten whatever I want the whole time I've been pregnant. Anyone else not care about the "do not eat" list? It's something new every week they say we are not supposed to eat. I say eat everything. :thumbup:

I think that's down to everyones individual judgement tbh...

I've eaten peanut butter & had a couple of runny eggs but I wouldn't eat shellfish for example, or Ive been careful about chicken & seafood if we've been out anywhere. More because food poisoning is horrible at the best of times but can't imagine being pregnant with it.

xx

I have been eating lots of things on the "do not eat" list, but only in moderation. I could eat sushi every day, but I've only had it once. I've had tons of soft cheeses, and I eat deli meat sandwiches occasionally. I am, however, avoiding artificial sweeteners and colors- I don't like the idea of all those chemicals!

I have been a lot more relaxed this time. I've runny eggs, the odd portion of prawns, parma ham, salami and mouldy cheeses. Not the to extent that I normally would but Ihave occasionally indulged!

Yeah I stay away from alcohol and caffeine, but I just eat everything else. I love the soft cheese and deli meat too.

the only thing i have gone with out for the whole 9 month which i usually eat all the time is runny eggs i dont like soft cheese or shelfish anyway but i have eaten tons of tuna and god only know how many cup of teas i have a day lol and i have deli meat sandwiches all the time
i was the same with my first pregnancy and have been with this one and have both been 100% healthy babys :)
as my gran allways says "we didnt have a do not eat list and your mum and uncles are all safe happy and healthy just like the rest of us old ones" lmao

when my mum was pregnant with my brother she was anemic & the Dr told her to drink half a pint of guiness a day :rofl: that was only 22 yrs ago as well!! xxx

When I was pregnant with my first I wasn't too aware of the foods that you should avoid so I pretty much had whatever I wanted. My second pregnancy ended in a m/c and I never found out why things went wrong so when I got pregnant with my other kids I was very careful with what I would eat and have not once eaten any of the foods on the do not eat list... I know it's probably silly as my mom would always eat soft cheeses i.e when pregnant with me but it makes me feel better that I'm avoiding potentially dangerous foods.

I havd never paid attention with any of my 5 pregnancies and never had any issues :thumbup:

i cut out alcohol for the entire pregnancy and didn't have coffee the first trimester but that's about it. i hate deli meats anyway, and my ob told me the restrictions on soft cheese and sushi are silly; she said the numbers are so tiny you're far more likely to be run over by a car or struck by lightning than to get sick from soft cheese. but generally i'm a health nut anyway so i don't really go for a lot of chemical or processed foods. i haven't had any food poisoning or any other problems. but again, like all this stuff, personal choice!!

Ive been so so i havnt had a runny egg or that but im also a vege so alot of things i dont eat anyway - still been drinking coffee and eating soft cheese (mainly just coz its on carrot cake! mm lol) But it annoys me if i drink out a bttl of coke and ppl say ur not suppose to have that my mum said she wasnt told to stop eating anything and me and my sis has turned out fine! also u get ppl that dont even no they r preg n get drunk, smoke eat what they want and have healthy babies!! All though i am quite aware when i shouldnt be eating somthing my OHs sis had her baby 3 months ago and she stopped eating evrything and was v strict which kind of puts me under pressure.. xx

I am a lot more relaxed about the "don't's" since mid-2nd tri than I was at 1st. I eat deli meat (the natural, packaged kind), have a little wine every week, don't eat my steaks well done, don't avoid all soft cheeses when I eat mexican food, and have some caffeine now (I had none before)-- now that I can feel her movements so well, I make sure she doesn't react to any of them, and it certainly never slows her down or speeds her up:)

I've had cold cut sandwiches, sodas, a couple of runny eggs and one medium rare steak (which was delish). But I have cut out sashimi (raw fish) even though it's my biggest craving.

I have only cut out runny eggs and cheese with a rind. Have had shellfish (even lobster in Mauritius! - knew it was a good restaurant tho), deli meat, peanuts, yes - even the odd small glass of wine.
Think it is good to be sensible, but also not too cautious.

on this topic i've got to say i'm fed up with other people monitoring or telling you what you can and can't have. it's happened to me so many times, i went to japanese with a gf the other day and she said, oh but you can't have sushi! i said, actually i can! but why should i have to defend myself anyway? it's especially annoying from men or women who've never been pregnant. so rude!

i was soooooo good on my 1st pregnancy and had a mmc at 12 weeks, so after that, apart from alcohol, i've just stuck to my normal diet, 1 healthy daughter later i'm sticking to my usual.

I've not had alcohol, except for maybe 2 glasses of wine the whole pregnancy, I cut right back on caffeine but otherwise I eat what I want. I try and avoid things that could cause food poisoning, but mainly by making it myself or eating from places I trust. I love brie and pate and things and decided this time I wouldn't give them up, though I have eaten them less than I usually would.

Yep, I'm way more lenient this time around. Last pregnancy had me microwaving deli meat, burning my scrambled eggs, etc. This time I've eaten pretty much anything I felt like, with the exception of super rare steaks ( I usually take them still cold in the middle) and cake batter with raw eggs.

But if you're an avid baker like I am, you can find ways around not being able to lick the bowl b/c of the raw eggs. I make my cake mixes with one can of sprite instead of the eggs/water/milk/oil/etc. :thumbup:

I stayed away from alcohol except for half a glass of wine for my birthday back in december. I eliminated ALL artificial sweetners. I stopped drinking coffee but would have the odd small one. I'd drink black tea the odd time. I eliminated soft cheeses and deli meat.

Less than a handful of times, I had sushi (raw salmon) and a couple of runny eggs. Last week, first and only time, I had fresh lobster (same day it was fished and very well coked) as well as crab.

I did not feel guilty once as I feel I've exercised moderation.

i am dying for a runny egg..i love runny eggs but dont know wether to eat one! surely the odd one cant be bad!my mam says in her days they never told you anything like that and she was always eating runny eggs!! anyone else eating them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->