Has anyone else not cared about what foods they "can't eat"?

a few of u have mentioned diet pop? Whats wrong with this? I've been drinking diet coke since day 1 :shrug: no one ever told me this was ''bad''. Aside from it being pop and some jargon about co2 in the bloodstream but lately my biggest craving has been dr pepper. I try and keep it minimal but i fail miserably. Squash has suddenly started making me projectile vomit (sorry gross i know)

they just don't have any research regarding how aspartame or sacchrin could affect the baby, so they just say to avoid it. but my dr. said it was ok just don't guzzle it all day every day, i mean we're supposed to be drinking more water than anything anyways so I try to stick to mostly water but I have about 3 cups of diet soda a week

I have yet to find any studies that conclusively prove that there's a danger from having artificial sweeteners in pregnancy. There were a few studies that showed it increased cancer rates, but then those were shown to be faulty studies... there's a lot of back and forth on it.

I gave it up because I tend to think that the less artificial chemicals in my body, the better. I have a friend who's literally addicted to diet soda, if he doesn't drink enough every day, he starts going through withdrawal- and that can't be normal. (He does caffeine-free, so it's not the caffeine he's addicted to.) Usually I try to live my life guided by science and reason, but in the case of giving up diet soda- I just really felt like it was something I should do. I really miss Diet Coke with Lime, though.

I still do occasionally drink regular soda, I try to limit myself to one glass a week- or else I start drinking too much of it. It's a nice treat once in a while.

I think I posted a thread like this in second trimester when I was there :rofl: I've only cut out alcohol and tried to limit caffeine in the first to second trimesters. Eventually I got fed up after being so sick during first trimester. I have indulged now and then, but mostly I'm craving apples :shrug: so it's not so bad.

well to try and clean up my coke addiction (the drinking kind) i've bought some bottles of volvic with a touch of fruit because plain water is something i've never drank, stupid i know. But i simply dont like water i always drink flavoured awater or weak squash but lately thats made me sick. Which is odd.

I did manage to cut all fizzy drinks out completely a while back because it was rotting my teeth regardless of brushing flossing and mouthwashes etc but its crept back in. Thanks for the info on the pop anyway ladies, i do definitely drink waaays too much and its unhealthy in anyones diet so im always actively cutting down. :thumbup:

well to try and clean up my coke addiction (the drinking kind) i've bought some bottles of volvic with a touch of fruit because plain water is something i've never drank, stupid i know. But i simply dont like water i always drink flavoured awater or weak squash but lately thats made me sick. Which is odd.

I did manage to cut all fizzy drinks out completely a while back because it was rotting my teeth regardless of brushing flossing and mouthwashes etc but its crept back in. Thanks for the info on the pop anyway ladies, i do definitely drink waaays too much and its unhealthy in anyones diet so im always actively cutting down. :thumbup:

Haha, I am LMAO at "coke addiction".

You get used to water. I used to hate it, why would I want to drink something with literally no flavor? But after a little bit you get used to it, now I love it.

What is "weak squash"? It cannot actually be squash-flavored drink, right?

I've been good about everything but mainly because most of the things on the no go list are things I don't like anyway! but I haven't cut out artificial sweetener as my midwife said it is fine and better for you than sugar is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"