Has anyone ever had a "Saline Sonohysterography" done? *Final update of test pg.3*

wannabeprego

Mom to 3, FET cycle 10/2023 is a BFP!
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a "Saline Sonohysterography" done? And if you have was it painful or uncomfortable at all? Did your DR recommend that you take pain medicine before the procedure and did anyone have to take antibiotics when they had it done. Thanks in advance for your responses girls.....:flower:

I am thinking of scheduling mine for my December cycle if or when the :witch: shows. I had an HSG done and there was a bump on my uterus that showed up on the X-Ray and the DR wanted to do the Saline Sonohysterography to get a better look and see what it is. It may require removal surgically depending on what it is....

Hi there, I had an SIS a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't at all painful and only took a minute or two...

My RE inserted an speculum to open the cervix, then inserted a load of saline solution to open up the uterine cavity.

Mine showed what the RE thought were polyps, so I had a hysteroscopy last monday. It turned out to be scar tissue instead of polyps, but it was cleaned away nonetheless.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for sharing your story, the fact that yours was pain free makes me feel better. I have been kind of nervous about scheduling the procedure because when I had the HSG I had a pretty ruff experience and it was pretty bad for me.... It sounded similar except instead of the iodine it uses the saline solution...

I had both a HSG and a sOno done last year. The Hsg gave me a lot of cramping, but the soon was painless. Although I was told to take 800mg of ibuprofen before hand

i am going to have to schedule this the start of next cycle as well. i'm more nervous about what they will find and tell me because i have a large fibroid that might require surgery.

@Beans, Thanks for sharing your experience with me, :flower: I am glad that it was pain free and easy for you as well!!! That is making me feel much better about moving forward with the procedure for December.

@Teddybearpug, Good luck with your saline sono!!! :hugs: I hope that everything is going to be alright with you hun and that they dont find anything bad....:hugs:

*Bump*

Anybody else care to share their experience with this proecedure? :flower:

I had one of these done on November 14. I think it's the same one. Where they put saline in your uterus?

Anyways, I was terrified because I get so scared about procedures, especially ones that involve going up the vagina lol. The worst part of the test was the anticipation. It was nothing like I expected it to be. I thought it would be awful, but it was a piece of cake. A walk in the park, easy breezy! I felt a weird pressure cramp in my uterus that lasted for 2 seconds. After the test was over I had mild period cramps for about 15 minutes. They were nothing compared to period cramps I get every month.

You don't have to worry about getting an anti biotic because they clean you out with something before they do the test.

I had this test done at the same time as a pap smear and an ultrasound and it all took less than 5 minutes! I honestly thought that the pap smear was worse than the saline!

I had this done a few weeks ago and It was not as bad as I anticipated. I was just more nervous about what they were going to find. I only had major cramping, none like I have had before, for 5 seconds and that was it. I was also on antibiotics for 3 days, because it was a sterile procedure. So of course a polyp was found and now I am going to have it removed on 12/8. I am nervous about this because I will be in an operating room.

I had one done about a month ago. I didn't take any pain meds before but I wish I had. The procedure itself was more weird and uncomfortable than painful. Afterwards I had horrible cramps (should have taken an aspirin beforehand!) but it stopped then next day and I was just a little sore. Honestly, I am the biggest baby in the world, I still cry when someone sticks me with a needle! Yes, I am 33 years old! LOL If I can get through it you can do it!!!

Best of luck!!
Courtney

Thanks for sharing your stories girls!!! :flower:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/1814343h1nq1z240o.gif

i had my saline ultrasound a couple of days ago and unfortunately i have to say that it was horrible :cry: I didn't get a chance to take any tyelnol and boy did i regret it!! At first when they asked me to undress i had to get on the table and it had a puppy like pad thing to go at the foot of the table where my bottom went. Plus they had several towels covering the footstool that comes out of the bottom of the table. The initial insertion of the catheter wasn't too bad. It was a moderate cramp that eased off. Then they started putting the saline in and it started cramping again. Then they put the ultrasound in and were moving it around and couldn't really see much. I felt tons of saline running down my backside that was coming out. So the dr had to readjust the catheter and it was very uncomfortable. They got the images they needed but i don't think it went as smoothly as it should have. Afterwards i had horrible cramping the rest of the day. When i sat up on the table after the ultrasound, i felt all the stuff gushing out of me (there comes in that puppy pad!! lol) It was a mixture of blood, saline, and ultrasound lube. It was very gross! I spotted like a light period the rest of the day and have been lightly spotting 2 days after. I hope i never have to do it again!

It's strange how some people have horrible experiences and others have good experiences. My procedure was super easy. I thought it would be hell after the horror stories I read, but it was really nothing for me.

yeah, i think it is suppose to be easy but some times things happen. I'm not trying to scare anyone with my story though! My hsg was super easy and everyone told me how painful it would be and it wasn't so bad. :shrug:

Is this the Hycosy?
Not actually had one done but currently waiting for my next cycle to book one, to be honest I' dreading it but it has to be done. I've been given 2 lots of antibiotics and a pain killer to take but thinking of taking normal pain killers as this one is to be placed somewhere I'd rather not :blush:.

yeah, i think it is suppose to be easy but some times things happen. I'm not trying to scare anyone with my story though! My hsg was super easy and everyone told me how painful it would be and it wasn't so bad. :shrug:

It's funny how that happens. I guess it didn't hurt me as much because I wa doped up on drugs.
It's good to know that the hsg wasn't painful for you. My doctor said that it's the painful test so he didn't order me one. We're going to wait until I get a laparoscopy to do one. I just hope I get lucky and don't have to go through that stuff.

Is this the Hycosy?
Not actually had one done but currently waiting for my next cycle to book one, to be honest I' dreading it but it has to be done. I've been given 2 lots of antibiotics and a pain killer to take but thinking of taking normal pain killers as this one is to be placed somewhere I'd rather not .

I don't know if it's the same thing or not. We are talking about the test where they put saline in your uterus to check for polyps. Please don't be scared. I think maybe as long as you take medicine for pain you will be fine.

Is this the Hycosy?
Not actually had one done but currently waiting for my next cycle to book one, to be honest I' dreading it but it has to be done. I've been given 2 lots of antibiotics and a pain killer to take but thinking of taking normal pain killers as this one is to be placed somewhere I'd rather not .

I don't know if it's the same thing or not. We are talking about the test where they put saline in your uterus to check for polyps. Please don't be scared. I think maybe as long as you take medicine for pain you will be fine.

Ah I think it's slightly different, with the hycosy they put saline in to check a couple of things including if the tubes are blocked.

This test didn't involve getting my tubes checked. Maybe it is something different.

Is this the Hycosy?

Ah I think it's slightly different, with the hycosy they put saline in to check a couple of things including if the tubes are blocked.

they saw that my tubes were open on the saline ultrasound. I don't think that was the purpose for the test but it was an added benefit. Now that i think about it, why did i have to get the hsg procedure that puts the dye in and checks tubes and shape of uterus along with fibroids and polyps when the saline ultrasound does the same thing? hmmm, thats odd.

Is this the Hycosy?

they saw that my tubes were open on the saline ultrasound. I don't think that was the purpose for the test but it was an added benefit. Now that i think about it, why did i have to get the hsg procedure that puts the dye in and checks tubes and shape of uterus along with fibroids and polyps when the saline ultrasound does the same thing? hmmm, thats odd.

It is slightly different then, the Hycosy is just the same as the HSG but uses saline and ultrasound images instead of dye and xray.
Umm you'd think they could just do one test that checks everything instead of calling people in for all these different scans one after the other :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->