Has anyone every been induced at 37 weeks?

elainegee

Reaction score
Just curious to know if anyone who has had past baby's was induced at 37ish weeks? And if so for what reasons? Did it work?

There is a possibility this might happen to me for various reason (SPD one of them) just trying to find out what the odds are of having baby naturally or it ending up in C section xx

Hi hun, I had spd with my 1st & they booked to induce me at 38wks but my ds wasn't playing nicely so i had to go back at 39wks.

I narrowly escaped a csection, i was being wheeled off for an emergency csection when i suddenly started pushing so luckily i avoided it only just though .

I was induced at 36 weeks with Jacob and he was 7lb 4oz and 22 inches so not sure if he wasnt a lil older than they thought but everything turned out fine and he was ok other than he had Jaundice pretty bad. reason for being induced was pre-eclampsia and they said my waters were getting low. I went in at 5 in the morning and he was here at 6:17 that evening :) I had a good experience with it. will probably be induced again this go around and was told Id need to be at least 37 weeks this time around :)

hey im going in at 38+1 to be induced.. hoping it goes smoothly - and quickly!! have been told that i prob wont have him until the following day, at latest the next day.

I was already in labor but having a long early labor stage so was given pit to push things along. HATED it. Natural labor is so much easier to manage--unless you're planning to get an epidural anyway.

Im not sure if i should post this but u did ask :lol:

I was induced at 37 weeks due to having to much amniotic fluid.

I went in on the 5th august 2005, had kian at 7:30am august 8th, they used pesseries tablets to induce, 2 didnt work, the last one did...ive never known so much agony in all my life...the midwifes tried to examine me and i cried in pain, they wernt sympathetic just said c'mon it doesnt hurt that much!! :shock:

Cut a long story short hun, i went down to labour ward, tried pushing for an hour and he wasnt comming, so i was rushed in for a c-section but the surgeon wanted to try forceps first...so kian was right there in the birth canal, his head was so close but i couldnt get him out..his heart rate dropped, the midwifes was telling her to hurry and get him out...all in all it was a rushed c section, he came out with black eyes, and they gave me an extended uterine tare which led to a 3 hour operation straight after...i would never be induced again unless i REALLY had to...thankfully i will be having a straight forward c section this time round!

I probably have scared u sh*tless but i didnt intend to, but if they mess u about with making u push, forceps and ur baby isnt budging...dont let them wait till he is in so much distress that his lil heart rate drops...kian was very jumpy for awhile after, he had a traumatic enterance in this world bless him.

:hugs:

sounds like you had an experience with it!! heres hoping if i do get induced it wont be so traumatic. Last time around they tried everything to get Aria out all the gels the drips but i failed to get any further than 3cm. So i am a bit dubious if it will even work this time if i need to get it, all i know is if i leave it to term and the baby is massive there is no way he is coming out naturally, i don't have a big pelvis anyways and just have this feeling he will get stuck and they will have to force him out and like you said be all bruised and battered! I shall see what monday brings after my scan and when i speak to the consultant. xx

I was induced at 37 weeks exactly due to high blood pressure and protein in my urine. It took about 11 hours, 40 min of pushing. Everything went smoothly. I got an epidural at noon, and my little guy was born at 7:10pm. I'm gonna try to put off the epidural a bit longer this time, just so I'm not bed ridden for 7 hours again!

Induced all 3 times and all 3 times worked wonders so I have nothing bad to say about it at all.

Good luck hun. Hope it all works well for ya

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->