Has anyone experienced.....

mommy237

Reaction score
I went to the doctor yesterday around 2:30 and did a urine test for my pregnancy and it came back negative. Ive had multiple positive test some have been faint but positive and Ive had a few negative. I diluted one of my test and the positive came up right away ....I took a quantitative blood test. I should know the results later today or tomorrow and im stressing. Why would I have some positive test and then negative with their urine test. Then they asked me had I ever had any high risk pregnancies and was I taking prenatals. Im so confused.

I had a confusing time with test back in may unfortunatly it wasnt great news how many weeks should you be gl for results xx

What happened if you don't mind me asking? I Believe somewhere between 1-11 weeks im not sure at all

I️ Took this test today

Attachments

• 63E19BDF-CBEE-4BBC-AC9E-902A6BCE09E9.jpg
    63E19BDF-CBEE-4BBC-AC9E-902A6BCE09E9.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 9E222C51-A4A9-4B31-AB55-01D422E10798.jpg
    9E222C51-A4A9-4B31-AB55-01D422E10798.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 63
Well personally i had loads of possitives like 20 off them from three different brands and in the odd occasion three negatives we had a bit of spotting nothing lasting more then a day normally after sex had midwives gp still positive test went for a scan at 12 weeks nothing was one of the most embaracing thing in my life we was distraught if your one week then things might be too early yet but 11 your test should be a lot darker i kno gp and hospital test they do are the same style you have at 20 miu sensetivity re test in a few days and see gp if gets darker xx

Well personally i had loads of possitives like 20 off them from three different brands and in the odd occasion three negatives we had a bit of spotting nothing lasting more then a day normally after sex had midwives gp still positive test went for a scan at 12 weeks nothing was one of the most embaracing thing in my life we was distraught if your one week then things might be too early yet but 11 your test should be a lot darker i kno gp and hospital test they do are the same style you have at 20 miu sensetivity re test in a few days and see gp if gets darker xx

I'm going to try to get an ultrasound tomorrow

The sensitivity level of the ones at the doctors might require more HCG in your urine to pick up if you are early. I also read that if you are passed a certain number of weeks, theres a hook effect and having excess HCG will stop picking it from being picked up on pregnancy tests. When will you get the blood tests back?

My blood test was negative but I still don’t believe it so I’m doing further research I know my body and something is going on and too many symptoms .

And yes the hooked effect is what made me dilute i Had been doing so much research.

I’ve even been reading about women who have had negative urine and blood and were still pregnant. So I’m hopeful but very frustrated I must say.

Thanks you guys

Good news, I hope you get some answers soon :flower:

Did you have any numbers on your hCG levels?

With my ectopic I had positives, EPU had negative but blood test showed low hCG levels. For any positive you need some levels of hCG. Must admit I've never heard otherwise.

Have you only used those specific tests at home or various brands?

Hope you find your answers.

<3

I have had similar before but it wasn't a happy outcome. I had positives early on which progressed a little then started fading, I then had bleeding but when I tested a few days later it was a darker positive so I asked for a beta and it came back as below 1. hCG disappears from blood faster than urine. My tests got lighter and went negative I think the day after I got my blood results back.
Hopefully you'll have more positive news than I did

Did you have any numbers on your hCG levels?

With my ectopic I had positives, EPU had negative but blood test showed low hCG levels. For any positive you need some levels of hCG. Must admit I've never heard otherwise.

Have you only used those specific tests at home or various brands?

Hope you find your answers.

<3

Yes, I used that one which is first signal, clearblue, equate, frer, and I forgot the other one. I had faint positives with all and some negative. I think she said my hcg levels were below one. I asked one of the nurses and she wouldn't tell me she passed me on to another lady who only worked the front desk and she had an attitude and didn't want to tell me. I asked them about where I could have an ultrasound but because of my insurance and it not covering they said they weren't doing anything else any further and didn't even want to tell me where I could go to get them done. My friend referred me to a place that I will go to today and see what happens......

I have had similar before but it wasn't a happy outcome. I had positives early on which progressed a little then started fading, I then had bleeding but when I tested a few days later it was a darker positive so I asked for a beta and it came back as below 1. hCG disappears from blood faster than urine. My tests got lighter and went negative I think the day after I got my blood results back.

im sorry to hear that, So you were pregnant and miscarried?

I also had the same...back in September.
Turned out to be a chemical miscarriage.

im sorry to hear that, So you were pregnant and miscarried?

Yes that's right. But my levels didn't get high enough to register on any other test apart from the 10mIU tests. I have had a number of chemicals but usually my tests fade before af arrives and don't then go back to positive so it confused and worried me

Thanks you guys I'm just really confused and want answers. I took another test this morning and another faint positive. ive been getting faint positives for weeks I really don't understand whats going on. Im not have any bleeding at all sometimes I have cramps but nothing else that would make me think I'm miscarrying.Idk what to do!:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->