Has anyone had an early scan around 7 w?

lauraairving

Reaction score
I'm paying for an early reassurance scan a week today. I got my first BFP on 21st December, and I'm guessing I'm around 7 weeks the day I go for a scan. I'm wanting it for peace of mind.
Anyway my question is, what will I see? I've googled it and some people say they've just seen a sac.. Because I'm not sure on dates I've asked the scanning place and they said if I'm earlier and can't see anything I'll get one free rescan! I just don't want to be panicking so I'd like to know what to expect. Thanks ladies xxx

Hi. I had a private reassurance scan at 7w 1 day and saw HB and tiny baby blob. Good luck!

I had one at 6wk4days and there was a tiny bean shape with a heartbeat. But if I showed someone the photo I would for sure have to explain where the baby is lol

I've had many a scans this trimester due to complications. At 5 weeks you would only see the yolk sac. At 6 weeks you should see a tiny bean and a yolk sac. You may not be able to see the heart beat but some women are fortunate. At seven weeks you should definitely see a heartbeat unless you have a tilted uterus or something.
It's OK to measure a week behind as sometimes your ovulation can be off. What's important is the second scan where you can see growth.

Hi Im to having a scan around 7 weeks my last scan was 5 weeks ish and there was a sac and yolk mines on the 12th Jan xx

I had one at 7 weeks and baby was a little splodge, we got to see and hear the heartbeat aswell.

Thanks ladies. I really think it'll put my mind at ease even if it's just a blob with a heart beat. I really don't feel pregnant and because I'm not sure how far I am I'm reading my app of my estimated due date, it's saying thing like "sickness should have kicked in by now" and sore boobs ect. And I have nothing. I've convinced myself something's wrong and can't wait for another 6-8 week to see what's going on. Fingers crossed we'll see a blob baby x

I would just consider yourself one of the lucky ones. Not all women experience sickness or sore breasts. My body is really sensitive to hormonal changes, I knew almost right away that I might be pregnant. My coworker NEVER had sickness. There were some things later in pregnancy that she couldn't eat because it made her feel ill, but she was never JUST nauseated. Symptoms vary from pregnancy to pregnancy.

It's strange with my little boy I had no worries (we less worrying) as I had really strong symptoms from the moment I found out. I guess that's the reason I'm so worried. I don't know. I've had no pain or bleeding or anything it just doesn't feel right and it's leaving me with a bad feeling. Like you said I think I could just be lucky with this one but I'd rather know! Thank you for your advice x

Laura I haven't been sick yet. I'm sure I won't ever get sick. Never had ms with past pregnancies. My boobs are hardly sore. Even when I sleep on them. I had a scan at 7 weeks and was convinced I'd go in and see nothing. It made it more real. I scheduled another scan for next week for reassurance because I just don't feel pregnant.

I had one at 7w4d and it looked like this..mind you it wasn't a trans-vaginal US, I think if you had a trans you would be able to see more.

https://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah308/jellybeann26/ourbean_zpstn1bnc94.jpg

I was able to see/hear the heartbeat and a little blob like the others have said

I had a scan early with my last pregnancy due to absolutely no symptoms and bleeding, I was scanned at 9+4 but baby only measured 5+5 weeks and we saw baby blob with a hb. Sadly that pregnancy didn't end well but I'm now pregnant again with tons of symptoms, had early scan at 7+1 and could see baby with heart beating away.
So for a 7 week scan you should definately be able to see a heart beat. Good luck

Thank you again. I'm really sure something's not right I have a weird gut feeling but hopefully I'm wrong and see a HB Sunday. I don't even have an appointment with a doctor until the 14th jan, who confirms my pregnancy-then refers me to a MW then she refers me for a scan. I think it'll be a long process and I'm just going to be stressed so think it'll will be worth paying for one. My appointment is on the 10 th Jan I'll keep you updated fingers crossed ��

I had one with Dominic at 7+1 and saw a little jelly bean with a beautiful heart beat.

I've got another one for this baby on Wednesday! They're so expensive but so worth it. Is yours with baby bond?

I hope I see a healthy jelly bean :) no mine is with a place called lady bird 4D scans. They've got a deal on and it's £50 so thought it wasn't too bad! I looked into quite a few and that's the best deal I found x

I hope I see a healthy jelly bean :) no mine is with a place called lady bird 4D scans. They've got a deal on and it's £50 so thought it wasn't too bad! I looked into quite a few and that's the best deal I found x

That is super cheap! The only one near me is baby bond and it's £99! 😣 may as well take my eye balls as well. They say it's a 30 minute scan but in reality it's about 10!

Update us when you've been for it! Good luck x

I had a scan a couple of days ago at 6+2 and we saw the yolk sac and a little worm next to it, with a heartbeat of 120.

I have very little in the way of symptoms and have a scan at 8+1 tomorrow morning.

Keeping my fingers crossed everything is OK, I asked on another board and lots of ladies there had no sickness and still had healthy pregnancies, in think you just read more about ladies with sickness because it's a frequently moaned about topic :hugs:

With my last pregnancy I had a scan at 6+1 and saw a little blob and heard the heart beat. I had a scan on Monday last week with this one they couldn't see anything, has another scan on Thursday and saw a sac. Really unsure of my dates though so are the doctors. I go back on the 15th to hopefully see a baby and heartbeat. I too have no symptoms apart from feeling tired. I was the same with my last pregnancy though. I wouldn't worry about the lack of symptoms easier said than done I know xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->