Has anyone taken Plan B?

Yes, I took it once when I was 17/18. We had a condom slip and my SO drove us to Shoppers to pick up the pill. Though I was pretty positive we had a very slim chance of conceiving that night, it did provide a good piece of mind for all parties (parents included).

That said, it messed me up for a solid 3 months. I have pretty bad PMS as it is... I was an emotional reck with an irregular period overnight that took, what felt like, forever to normalize.

yes, I took it this year after the condom broke the first time we had sex after loosing our baby girl at 14 weeks. I was terrified of another pregnancy so soon so I took the plan B pill. I was already hormonal from the pregnancy loss but didn't feel anything extra from taking it...

Thanks ladies! I took it but I'm afraid it was useless. I wish they would tell you right away thag it doesnt work if you're already ovulating or if you're over 175 pounds -_- I guess we wait and see.

I took it almost 5 years ago when I had unprotected sex on the day I was ovulating. I took it within 12 hours so I thought it was 97% chance of it working. Probably not what you want to hear but it didn't work for me and resulted In my healthy 4 year old. As soon as I found out it didn't work I was over the moon however at the time I thought I wasn't ready. I think he must have been conceived quickly and that's why it didn't work.

Our mishap happened the day of ovulatiom, maybe the day after. My chart says it was before ovulation, but thats just predicted based on average days and I can 95% guarantee I ovulated early again this month just like last month.

Anyway. 11 at night condom broke. Couldn't take plan b until about 2:30 am the next day so over 24 hours after ovulation, possibly 48 after ovulation.

And I'm over the weight limit.

I feel like I'm kinda screwed lol.

I took it about 24 hours or so after unprotected sex. I am also over the weight limit. Thankfully it worked for me. I am not sure if I was in ovulation window, but I remember my period was really heavy that month,

Did any of you spot or not spot after taking it?

Yes, I've taken it twice, both for condom breakages when I wasn't on the pill years and years ago. It made me horribly ill. It's like taking a really high dose of birth control pills all at once, so can cause nausea and headaches. I felt pretty rough for a couple days. But then was fine. It didn't affect my cycles and I didn't get pregnant. I know the first time it would have been right around ovulation, which is why I freaked out and took it. I can't remember the second time, but I was living overseas in a developing country working with my now-husband at the time, so definitely did not want to take any chances getting pregnant there. Obviously worked both times. I took it probably 24 hours after and I don't think I've been under 175 lbs since high school. It's actually not that it doesn't work if you are, but like most medicines, the dosage is calibrated to the average weight person, which I guess for women is under 175, birth control is the same, so are lots of medicines, and they generally all work perfectly well. They just have to say that to cover their butts. It works by preventing ovulating and making implantation difficult, so even if ovulation already occurred, it can still work. And of course, even if you did ovulate and it was all perfectly timed, it doesn't mean you'll get pregnant. There are loads of factors that can affect the chances of a pregnancy occurring, which is why it takes many ladies at least a couple months of trying. So I'd try to stay pretty optimistic if you still feel like you aren't ready now.

It's not that I'm not ready, because I am. Not to get in to the details of it all, but i understand my chances are pretty slim even without it because I have pcos and endometriosis.

But thank you for your input.

Still nothing today. It's been... 8 days since I took it I believe.

It's now been 11 days since taking it. I haven't had any spotting at all, and I've been cramping since day 1, nauseous since day 1, and dizzy since day 1.

Patiently (not really) waiting...

Have you thought about taking a test?

I have taken a few, but mostly negative. I say mostly because I always see something haha. I have crazy line eye.

This came up today under 10 minutes. I can't tell if it has color, but it was definitely 100% under the time limit

Attachments

• 2016-01-06 09.02.28.jpg
    2016-01-06 09.02.28.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 18
Hey everyone! Started my period on the 7th, right on time. Here's to either plan b working, pull out game strong, or my infertility! Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->