Has anyone used a Mammas Milk Sling?

Shiv

Mummy to Sophia and Cora
Reaction score
I have been doing some research on slings for when my new baby arrives and i really like the look of the Mammas Milk sling, but had previously never heard of them. It looks great for breatfeeding which is my main concern with a toddler running around.

So have any of you ever used one and how do you rate it?

Iv just had a look at them and i dont think id get one, they dont look very surportive for you or for baby. If your wanting hands free breastfeeding id sugest a stretchy wrap.

Iv just had a look at them and i dont think id get one, they dont look very surportive for you or for baby. If your wanting hands free breastfeeding id sugest a stretchy wrap.

Thanks - stretchy wraps just look really tricky to tie to me, i shall do some research into it though.

They look realy daunting at first but they are easy once you get the hang of it. Practising with a teddy infront of a mirror is a good way to practice.

Have you had a look to see if there is a sling meet near you? That might be a good idea.

See I like the look of that. It doesn't look much different to a Babasling or a ring sling. I had a Babasling and it came in handy the first couple of months when Lucas just would not sit upright in a wrap. Is it adjustable? If not you might want something that is. But other than that it looks good :thumbup:

ETA: I also agree with Lozzy, if you wanted to look at stretchy wraps they're a lot easier to use than they look :)

You can get adjustable ones. I like the idea of something you can just put over you and voila it's ready for baby! Yes I am that lazy :haha:

A stretch wrap only has to be tied once then you leave it on taking baby in or out as needed :) much better for your back and you can change the position as baby gets bigger, once they get to about 3 months they are not a fan of the cradle position! Have a look at a Moby or Sleepy wrap xxx

I have a pouch sling for that exact reason, sometimes I just want to fling something on!

Looks like a hotsling - very handy but you will want something more supportive for long journeys and as baby grows too. A Sleepy wrap would be good to have as well xx

Thanks for all your replies ladies. I have done a bit more googling and I think i will but a pouch sling (perhaps the mammas milk one) plus a stretch wrap one, i like the look of the sleepy wrap.

I feel it would be easier in the early days to feed newborn from the pouch sling as it looks like a more natural position for latching. The stretch wraps seem to hol dbaby quite high and if I am honest my boobs have gone somewhat south and I don't think I could breastfeed baby in the upright (hug) position without hoiking my boob up about a foot!

So my plan is ot use the pouch sling for the early days and then use the stretch wrap when baby is a bit older (3 months say) and for longer walks etc.

Just don't tell my hubby that I am buying two!

thanks again
Siobhan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back