Has ayone else given their lo anything else apart from milk at 3 months?

Well when Landon was a baby the recommendation was different. We were told to start alot younger, he was about 3 1/2mo when we started with rice then purees. While he was fine for the most part I do wish I had waited, he has eczema now and I really think it has alot to do with it, I didn't put it together back then but I'm pretty sure that was what triggered it. But he was eating at 3mo :)

I introduced a sippy cup with diluted baby juice at 3 months. He didnt really drink it, but im glad I started so early, cos now he drinks from the cup brilliantly. Then at about 4 months he had tastes of my breakfast yoghurt. Then we started weaning about 2 weeks ago. xxxx

We started Abby on baby rice once a day when she was 4 months (actual age) which really made her 2 and a half months as she was 11 weeks early.

I had to do something, the poor girl was always hungry!!

i started katie on baby rice at 11 weeks, she was starving! waited til 16 weeks to give anything else mind, but she's never had any problems with foods, alergies or anythin and now will eat whatever we eat just cut up into chunks!

thanks everyone, did this help with them sleeping longer at night? i know they reckon it doesnt have anything to do with it, but my lo is always hungry ad waking up every 3 hours in the night and guzzling 6 oz each time xx

Yeah it's been shown that it doesn't help them sleep. Landon was already sleeping through so I can't say for sure. But like Hayden was 6mo when we started, 9mo when he really started eating, he didn't like solids...but he didn't sleep through until 15mo...it made no difference at all with him. And it didn't with Casen either :) We started him at almost 6mo...he didn't sleep through until 11mo

yeah ive heard that it doesnt matter but you'd think it would as he's only waking cos he's hungry?? this is what i dont get as also when he wakes he's half asleep and feeds practically with his eyes closed and quickly goes back to sleep xx

Yeah well the rice cereal digests really quickly too...so it doesn't really help. Here it's not uncommon to find people putting it in a bottle to get them to sleep through but really all that does is make them overeat then because they don't realize there is more in their milk than normal until it settles but it digests just as fast so it doesn't help anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->