Has been abit silly and may of got myself pregnant?

Louisa18

Reaction score
Hi

I posted this in introduce yourself, i figured it was much better suited in this part of the forum.

I'm not trying to conceive, however I may of gotten myself in abit of a mess. My cycle is usually 32 days, last period was 21st Jan. Had unprotected sex on 4th of feb. (14th day, due to ovulate on the 5th/6th). However we went and got the morning after pill 13 hours later ( 5th feb 3pm).
Since then we had unprotected sex again on the 6th at 3am (12 hrs after pill) and again at 3pm on the 6th (24 hrs after pill). We know we've been incredibly stupid. And yet again, we had sex on the 9th - ( 5 days after morning after pill ) and again this morning ( 6 days after pill ). Im very much assuming that the morning after pill will no longer be in my system and therefore not protecting us. Today I am also getting ovulation symptoms ( i usually get sore boobs, and a twinge in one of my ovaries). I now have a slight dull pain on one side with abit of backache. I dont know whether this is due to the pill still effecting me or due to ovulation. I was told the pill would delay ovulation by a few days. And since its been 5 days i feel it is very possible.

I no ive been incredibly silly. What do you guys think of chance of pregnancy? I am very deeply concerned also that the morning after pill would harm a baby if i was to fall pregnant now. I have been reassured by my doctor that it has no effect but still theres that fear. Opinions?

Thank you x

Hmm at least you know your cycle. I'm the same At the mo I'm going to wait 2weeks and test that may be your best option although I had the morning after pill last year and it messed me up and I couldn't get pregnant till the october so you might be ok

Hopefully. Ive had for the last 3 cycles and my cycle hasn't changed at all. xxx

Sweetie, BnB does not endorse under 18's ttc/ntnp but my advice would be wait till you are late and test and if you are not, i would encourage you to get some contraception.

V xxx

Sweetie, BnB does not endorse under 18's ttc/ntnp but my advice would be wait till you are late and test and if you are not, i would encourage you to get some contraception.

V xxx

I agree about under 18 not NTNTP/TTC, you have so much more to do with your life right now than be a mommy. That can wait a little. :)

That said, I think it's too soon to tell and I would wait it out and if you are late take a test.

I also agree that contraception would be a good idea. They have shots and the like that you only get once every 3 or so months, or an IUD that stays in for a few years, etc. Condoms are important, though, especially if you aren't with just one person or if you've both slept with more than one person. I'd also get an STD test (no shame in it, it's part of your sexual health).

I hope that helped, and I'm sorry if it sounds preachy. :)

Wishing you the best. :thumbup:

The MAP should not be used as a contraceptive, especially 3 cycles in a row. It could seriously damage you and cause lasting fertility issues. Just think about what the pill's designed to do...

Sorry to rant, but you could be doing a lot of damage to yourself which will affect you later in life when you do want children. And if you do get pregnant with the pill still in your system, it could seriously damage your unborn child.

Go to your doctor and get some proper birth control.

If you don't want to get pregnant then you should be protective about it.

You're seventeen. The last thing you need is a baby. You got your whole life ahead of you. I suggest you wait to test and take a test to see if you're pregnant. And if you're not, take this as a warning. You don't want to get pregnant get some condoms, patches, shots or the pill.

Good luck.

The MAP should not be used as a contraceptive, especially 3 cycles in a row. It could seriously damage you and cause lasting fertility issues. Just think about what the pill's designed to do...

Sorry to rant, but you could be doing a lot of damage to yourself which will affect you later in life when you do want children. And if you do get pregnant with the pill still in your system, it could seriously damage your unborn child.

The morning after pill will not in any way harm or terminate a pregnancy that is already in progress. All the morning after pill does is delay ovulation if it has not already happened. If it has then it is to late. The FDA would not approve a medication if it did damage to your body so severe that you could never conceive in the future. The only thing that you would/might notice a difference in is your next few cycles may be slightly off or heavier/longer than normal for you which in turn can cause issues if you were TTC because your dates would be off. The hormones the pill secretes into your body are the same hormones you put off just in different amounts and at different times.

If you don't know the facts PLEASE do not go around scaring the life out of people! A simple not sure or leaving a hug would have sufficed. Yes she is young but leave her birth control options up to her I am sure since she seems to know a lot about her system then she is aware of what birth control methods are available. If you feel she did not post in the right area you can politely give her a link to the teen pregnancy area.

The morning after pill will not in any way harm or terminate a pregnancy that is already in progress. All the morning after pill does is delay ovulation if it has not already happened. If it has then it is to late. The FDA would not approve a medication if it did damage to your body so severe that you could never conceive in the future. The only thing that you would/might notice a difference in is your next few cycles may be slightly off or heavier/longer than normal for you which in turn can cause issues if you were TTC because your dates would be off. The hormones the pill secretes into your body are the same hormones you put off just in different amounts and at different times.

If you don't know the facts PLEASE do not go around scaring the life out of people! A simple not sure or leaving a hug would have sufficed. Yes she is young but leave her birth control options up to her I am sure since she seems to know a lot about her system then she is aware of what birth control methods are available. If you feel she did not post in the right area you can politely give her a link to the teen pregnancy area.

Unfortunately your information is not what I have been told in the past by doctors here. After requesting the MAP for the second time in 18 months (at age 24/25) I was called in for an appointment where they told me exactly what I posted above.

So it's not a matter of not knowing the facts, as you say, but medical advice which I have been given. There's a reason why you have to get the MAP from a medical professional, THAT'S why it's been licensed.

if i were you hun id wait until your period to come or not come before you start stressing
stress isnt good for anyone and it might be uneccesary stress
and if you are preggers, ask a doctor whether the morning after pill will affect the baby
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"