Has "PREGNANCY BRAIN" began for you ladies?

kayandjayplus

Reaction score
So I know it's early (i'll be 5 weeks this saturday) but i really think i've been struck with pregnancy brain?? When or has it started for you ladies? I'll tell you guys what happened to me :nope:

I went to wal mart to do a little grocery shopping. Needless to say it was PACKED, CROWDED the whole 9. I spent about an hour and half checking off the things on my list. When I finally finished, I stood in line for almost 45 min alone. They only had about 5 cash register lanes open smh. So i put my groceries on the thing and when i finally got to the front of the line and the lady started ringing up my items, i realized i forgot my debit card in the house :wacko:! i started breaking down crying :cry: it felt like the world was ending (in my head, at least) lol so i called DF and told him and he responds, "you should have checked to make sure you had the money first" and for some reason that made me SO ANGRY so i yelled at him, hung up the phone and 5 min later called him back crying :dohh: ...i was a total wreck! I felt so dumb and embarassed that i had to get everything and put it back in my buggy and act like it never happened :blush:.

So now I will be going later on today and DF will be joining me this time.

Oh that is awful!

I have to admit, I've done this when not pregnant. I usually carry several methods of payment though. The checkbook is usually in there, or a credit card, or SOMETHING.

Pregnancy brain with #1 turned into mom brain and then doubled badly with #2. I expect it to get worse with #3 :p

Yeah, like PP said. Baby brain with #1 turned into mommy brain and this time round its just kind of mushed what was left. Hit me like a freight train of dumb a week ago :)

Oh no!
Hope in time this is something you can look back on and laugh at.
I do stuff like this. But I just gotta laugh. What else can yo do?

I haven't dealt with it yet this pregnancy but oh do I remember similar experiences last time. And that's so something my husband would say! It makes me so angry because it's not like you didn't bring it on purpose! Of course you would have double checked if you would have though about it but your brain just isn't working with you lol. Let me tell you it doesn't get better once you have kids! I've locked my son and I out of the house about 3 times because I can't remember anything anymore lol. And a stupid little thing like that can make you feel like a total failure when your hormones are out of whack. Wal mart is definitely not a safe place during those times, that store drives me mad anytime not just during pregnancy lol.

I haven't dealt with it yet this pregnancy but oh do I remember similar experiences last time. And that's so something my husband would say! It makes me so angry because it's not like you didn't bring it on purpose! Of course you would have double checked if you would have though about it but your brain just isn't working with you lol. Let me tell you it doesn't get better once you have kids! I've locked my son and I out of the house about 3 times because I can't remember anything anymore lol. And a stupid little thing like that can make you feel like a total failure when your hormones are out of whack. Wal mart is definitely not a safe place during those times, that store drives me mad anytime not just during pregnancy lol.

hahaha yes! that was exactly why i got so mad like "gee, what a groundbreaking idea you know i just left the money on purpose!" lol and wal mart is the devil at this moment of my life..i'm learning this lol. i got anxiety just looking for the items on my list!

Oh no!
Hope in time this is something you can look back on and laugh at.
I do stuff like this. But I just gotta laugh. What else can yo do?

lol now i can laugh about it..but that day and that night...i was so sad lol i was cooking this huge halloween themed dinner and was looking forward to that so much and was so sad that i couldn't cook for DF.

Oh that is awful!

I have to admit, I've done this when not pregnant. I usually carry several methods of payment though. The checkbook is usually in there, or a credit card, or SOMETHING.

you know, i actually carry a couple methods also, but on that particular night i literally took the wrong purse into the grocery store :growlmad: i couldn't believe myself lol.

I think DH has it worse (mommy/daddy brain). Twice he has locked himself and DS in the garage. Once he called his mom who has the house keys to come let him in the house, and the second time he just found a way to break into the house...(glad it was so easy:dohh:).

I think DH has it worse (mommy/daddy brain). Twice he has locked himself and DS in the garage. Once he called his mom who has the house keys to come let him in the house, and the second time he just found a way to break into the house...(glad it was so easy:dohh:).

lol!!! my DF is getting my morning sicknesss... i feel so bad for him but i can't help but be glad that it isnt me :happydance:

I keep forgetting words!

I am a HCA and my ward sister asked me to take some bloods up to the lab today. I went to tell the RN who I was working with, where I was going, but I could not find the word. I just had to say, I am going to the place upstairs where they do the blood tests :dohh:

Good job she knows that I am not a complete dumbass and am good at my job!

I got half way down the corridor, smiled and said to myself PATHOLOGY haha.

I keep forgetting words!

I am a HCA and my ward sister asked me to take some bloods up to the lab today. I went to tell the RN who I was working with, where I was going, but I could not find the word. I just had to say, I am going to the place upstairs where they do the blood tests :dohh:

Good job she knows that I am not a complete dumbass and am good at my job!

I got half way down the corridor, smiled and said to myself PATHOLOGY haha.

lol i'm forgetting words too and how to spell EVERYTHING! crazy what pregnancy does to us...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->