Has your pregnancy been different 2nd time around??

Linny

Reaction score
Hi all,

It's a while since I've posted anything on here but yesterday I woke up feeling pregnant (I know bizarre but no other way to describe it)

I took a test and what do you know :bfp: (we tried for 12mths for our 1st) and this time we weren't even trying :cloud9:

Anyways, my question is, is your second pregnancy starting out like your first did? I'm only 4 weeks along but at this stage I couldn't face tea but I'm fine drinking it this time :wacko:

Mine is pretty different. Last time I had really sore boobs from the beginning and not much nausea or food aversion. This time my boobs are fine and I felt quite sick for a few weeks straight , could only face carbs and bland foods (thankfully not so sick now). Oh I have a really short fuse this time as well. I keep snapping at OH and I don't think I was like that first time round.

Both times I've been really tired and hungry a lot though!

They both started out quite similar, but this time I have suffered with more nausea, not actually vomiting (with either)

I have also felt WAY tireder this time round, but I suppose I didn't have a 3 year old last time! And also I am now 37, as opposed to 33 when last pregnant so I guess my body is suffering a bit more this time from age (not that I'm THAT old but you know what I mean!)

Eeeek Natnee that's what bothers me! I'm 35 now instead of 32 like with my first, with an almost three year old bundle of energy!!!

My second was very different than my first but my third was very much like my first!

So far I think its been pretty similar. But I have a almost 15 month old lo to look after and stay home a lot where as last time I was at work. Im more scared and nervous this time.

ms is much worse this time, feel like I will actually vomit, whereas never did with first. I actually think I'm less tired but more dizzy at times!

miss being able to just curl up and feel sorry for myself, have to keep going for my energetic 18 month old! :-(

I have to say I am worried that I'm gonna struggle with my job and little girl. I was really nauseous last pregnancy but I could cope by going to bed but this time it's not an option!

I was sick with Amelia for 3 months I couldn't handle work.
This time just slightly queasy!
I do miss those naps though ;)

1 and 2 were similar initially - this is number 3 and I have nausea lots (I was lucky & escaped that delight with the first two)

Both really similar for me. Very little ms, no sore boobs. Slightly different food aversions and cravings but not massively different.

I feel a bit less tired this time but I think that's because I have a 2 year old running about so I'm not allowed to be tired and tbh I think I was actually just lazy last time :haha:

But I'm definitely another one with a shorter fuse than last time, i lose my temper ALL the time lol I can't help but wonder if maybe I've got a really angry baby inside me or something :haha:

ATM mines the same. Killer boobs and fatigue x

Both really similar for me. Very little ms, no sore boobs. Slightly different food aversions and cravings but not massively different.

I feel a bit less tired this time but I think that's because I have a 2 year old running about so I'm not allowed to be tired and tbh I think I was actually just lazy last time :haha:

But I'm definitely another one with a shorter fuse than last time, i lose my temper ALL the time lol I can't help but wonder if maybe I've got a really angry baby inside me or something :haha:

:haha: that made me laugh! I'm def more irritable than I remember last time!! Everything annoys me at the minute, that's why I thought I was pre-menstrual all week and not pregnant!!!

This time I feel a bit less tired and BBs are only just getting a teensy bit sore whereas last time they were really sore from a few days after O. I also has IB or breakthrough bleding this time unlike last time. The nausea and crampiness and other aches and pains feel similar though!

:haha: that made me laugh! I'm def more irritable than I remember last time!! Everything annoys me at the minute, that's why I thought I was pre-menstrual all week and not pregnant!!!

Oh ladies I'm glad it's not just me! why are we so grumpy? Haha! My poor OH... :dohh:

I'm more nauseous this time, but I don't have the round ligament pain that I had last time... It also just feels different. I don't actually like being pregnant that much, until I can feel the baby moving!!

With Ava It was a breeze, like the perfect pregnancy!

This one I'm currently dying of indigestion and want a normal poo lol

ms is much worse this time, feel like I will actually vomit, whereas never did with first. I actually think I'm less tired but more dizzy at times!

miss being able to just curl up and feel sorry for myself, have to keep going for my energetic 18 month old! :-(

Pretty much the exact same thing for me. MS is worse this time, it's all day and I always feel I'm going to puke. With my first my MS was very minor.

I'm less tired as well but just lack motivation and don't want to do anything. I do get dizzy easily too and I didn't with my first. I have to be careful when I stand up because if I stand up too quickly I feel like I'm going to faint!

I have to force myself to get up and take my LO out and about because I know he needs it. No idea how I managed to work full time throughout first trimester last time. :haha:

Yes! Mine has been loads different. I felt just . . . Poorly last time, for most of the pg.I was signed off most of first tri, sick, ex-haus-ted, dizzy the lot. This time bit of nausea, few weeks of needing to nap (but not always managing due to dear little 3 year old, cried for all of first tri, cramps were worse but generally feeling happy, positive and quite energetic (still pooped by 9!).

Don't know if its partially not having opportunity to feel rubbish with son job and uni or partly being better at dealing with being tired etc these days ,. And also a feeling that i didn't enjoy last pg so i better appreciate this one just in case!! Def genuinely feeling more able to cope either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->