Hate being pregnant

Cmcxx

Reaction score
I know this sounds extreme and I understand many woman on here have or have had difficulty conceiving so I do apologise if this sounds insensitive but omg I am hating every minute . I can't eat , every smell makes me want to spew , can't even take my vitamins without being sick - went to midwife I have ketones in urine but to go back next week for follow up and may need iv drip. I have no energy , all I want to do is sleep which is the only way I can black out the feeling of being sick . Anyone else having a terrible time ? Everyone keeps telling me it gets better . I'm 10 weeks and I've been like this since week 5!!! Sound like a drama queen but I just want to feel semi normal again and go to the shops without feeling sick from driving or dizzy because I've left the house for 5 minutes !!!! Rant over lol roll on week 12 I'm hoping this is just a phase X

It is a phase. My first trimester was horrible too. There were a few days I just sat on the sofa and cried because I was so miserable. But now I'm done being punky, exhausted, car sick. And I'm starting to feel my little boy move around I'm buying cute as check baby stuff. It will get better. I promise just keep in your mind that this will pass, it's temporary and your little person is just settling in to their environment where they will grow and be strong and healthy.

Aw thanks Mrs I hear this all the time and I do try to stay positive . I was never sick before pregnancy So it's really hit me like a tonne of bricks . I cry on sofa some days too , call my mum crying etc. Miserable as sin . My best friend is 6 months preg and she's had the best pregnancy not one symptom just a happy and cheery time of it . I get so jealous lol! Already told my fiancé I'm never doing this again. Glad u feel better and there is light at end of th tunnel xxx

According to my sweet, little old MIL: If being pregnant were easy, god would have had men do it.

Not the most helpful advice, but made me chuckle.

Haha this is true X my fiancé wouldn't handle a day being pregnant lol we r made for this You're right X

I just tested positive today after a week and a half of experiencing my quality of life decrease overall. I was not planning on conceiving and I have never been pregnant but every part of me had changed so dramatically that I actually "get" what you mean when you say you hate pregnancy. If I had tested this morning and saw a negative I would have been shocked because my experience made it really, really apparent.

Right after my last period I got my nose pierced - the past week and a half I literally can't stop sneezing and it is irritating my nose! Plus, I am a 92 pound small framed girl; 4 days ago my right bum cheek felt like I had either done 400 squats and a 40 minute run OR I was kicked by an aggressive donkey. Seriously, I could barely sit. And things get worse. Yesterday I decided to eat some of my favourite chocolate spread that my grandmother had just given me as a small token of appreciation and sadly it tasted horrible. Just... horrible. Like chemicals mixed with ground. And, as a student who has never-ending assignments with exams coming up in 2 weeks, um, let's just say my concentration has been compromised. I have heard pregnancy causes exhaustion but this - THIS is ridiculous. It is less exhaustion like "I need sleep" and more "I feel drunk and can barely see what I am typing right now... what did I just say?" The sleepless tossing and turning sucks too. And, like... I do NOT have the right bra for this rapid breast growth so I keep shifting around all awkwardly. I'm going to class soon and I guarantee I'm going to stare at one spot without blinking the entire time.

I understand why pregnancy is beautiful to many but I can't help but wonder what function these nightmarish symptoms serve. I'm so moody that my partner said that women must get moody during pregnancy to keep all the other men away, haha.

Just so you know, LOTS of women hate this experience. If the discomfort/pain makes every moment unbearable, it would be silly to lie and say you don't mind just because many expect women to embrace their pregnancy. Every pregnancy is different and if yours is like riding a damaged rollercoaster, then allow yourself the mental freedom to accept that it is not ideal and it could be better. In reality high stress levels = Cortisol being released into your bloodstream which probably won't be of benefit to the growing fetus inside of you, and let's be honest... discomfort and pain and lack of sleep is VERY stressful. You are allowed to hate the feeling of pregnancy despite the popular (and often forced) discourse surrounding excitement about every bodily reaction. What you should do is try to mitigate the stress and focus on positive mental thinking. Your mind can have a powerful impact on your childs personality so, although you are going through rough times, try to surround yourself with people who make you happy and keep busy with things you enjoy doing. If you are feeling without control, try meditation. It just helps you to focus on your inner thoughts so you can manage them.

Good luck. :)

Yeah you're right it's about surrounding urself with good people which I have been but unfortunately it's not quite working for me lol I'm just counting down the days to my scan and maybe then will I feel better about it all. God it seems to be hitting u quick , I hope u dnt have a rough time of it but , I was like u I knew straight away lol it's unreal the changes that happen to ur body . I sometimes wonder how people dnt know they're pregnant but then again everyone's pregnancies are sooo different X I hope ur concentration comes back if u have exams , I'm
A flight attendant and we get grounded straight away - just aswell cause I would be pouring coffee instead of pepsi into people's cups .
Complete baby brain. I hope ur better soon x

100% feel your pain!! Had the same problem with my first child too! With this one it seems to be so much worse, have been pretty much in bed for 2 weeks now. It really is horrific, especially coming up to Christmas. I really hope it passes soon for you. It completely sucks!!

Trust me, even those of us who have had trouble conceiving (took us 15 years) feel this way sometimes!! I have spent the last 8 weeks-ish absolutely 100% miserable. The only thing that helps is when I get an ultrasound and baby is moving around in there. Then I feel happy again.. temporarily. Everyone keeps saying this will pass.. it has slowed down to waves of nausea and exhaustion instead of 24/7 but I'm 14 weeks. I thought it would be MUCH better by now!! The only saving grace is I work from home, husband is completely helpful with things like grocery shopping so I can just stay home and be sick. I sympathize with you, and just know there are a lot of us in this with you!! The friend having a lovely pregnancy must just totally suck.

I think it took until around 18-20 weeks for MS to go away with my last pregnancy. I hated feeling hung-over for months... the MS was instantly replaced with achy body / growing pains- but pain was better than feeling sick!

Good luck! I've been sleeping most of the last week trying to pass the time!

Good to know there's so many others out there . I feel blessed but at the same time so bloody down and miserable , hard to explain ! My mother said she had ms for the full 9 months with me . I think I would honestly cry if I followed in her footsteps ... Please God have some mercy on all of us child bearing ladies lol xxxx

I have also not liked being pregnant at all. The one and only thing I have enjoyed is feeling the baby move, especially in the last few weeks as I can identify feet/hands. Otherwise I feel like I've been sitting around waiting for my life to resume again. I've had bad MS and have been on medication since about week 8, I am still taking it. I would still vomit even when on the medication, but only usually once a day. After about 20 weeks I stopped vomiting but still needed the meds or the nausea was unbearable. I also have terrible post nasal drip so I have a constant stuffy nose and a constant stream of snot running down the back of my throat which just makes the nausea so much worse and has me hacking and spitting and dry heaving a lot. I have been lucky with my mobility, in that I can still walk the dogs up the big hill on our property, don't have a lot of pelvic pain, etc., but I am used to a high level of physical activity and that just isn't happening. I'm getting fat and out of shape and no matter how healthy I try to eat the weight is just piling on. I have gain 40 lbs at this point. I do not feel sexy even though my hubby is very sweet and supportive. And my sex drive has been non-existent for the last 9 months. I am nearly at the end now, can't wait to meet my little yellow bump as I know it will all have been worth it once I have the babe in my arms!

Aw u sound like you've had a tough time . I'm sure it'll all be worth it as the end is near and you'll get to meet ur wee bundle of joy . Hopefully ur body reverts back to its old self quickly so u feel better for baby being here . Good luck xxx

Oh goodness, I'm so thankful for getting a sticky bean but my how I hate being so miserable! 2 days after my strong bfp I began vomiting, unable to keep anything down...I cried around 8 weeks I said I've basically had an awful tummy bug for the past 4 weeks, this can't be normal! OH took me to the hospital, I got 2 bags of IV fluids and diagnosed with Hypermesis. I was put on Diclegis and it's been a lifesaver! Nausea still there, and eating every 2 hours helps, and now just occasional vomiting, unlike the 5+ times a day, ugh! At 14 weeks I'm feeling significantly better than months ago, but still a walking zombie and still that constant nausea. I'm having trouble enjoying pregnancy when every other day I can barely get out of bed. It's tough, and May can't come soon enough! Lol
I, too, have told OH I might not go through with all this again. I want more kids, but maybe adoption would be better...

I couldn't agree with you ladies more. I have a little boy & I remember so clearly those first days in the hospital after his birth & he is the light of our lives. Knowing that I get to do all that again (& right before my birthday) is about the only thing keeping me going. In week 7 with my son I was throwing up pretty constantly & ended up passing out at home. This time around I am throwing up but I don't think it's as bad (even though I had done so twice before breakfast!). I'm really hoping this baby is a girl so that I don't have to go through this again!!!

I just reached week 4. Before nausea was just a slight feeling, now it's a coughing fit. I don't even wanna know what it WILL be. .

Hang in there, cmcxx!! You're my hero and role model, THAT bad and still taking it standing (lying down ;) ) !

I know how you feel. This is my third and I'm not a good pregnant person.

This time I've had the worst sickness ever, lost loads of weight etc and I always get low blood pressure and anaemia so I end up spending my pregnancy dizzy and exhausted

I'm looking forward to the nicer parts like feeling/seeing the baby move and having a big bump :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->