HATE Dancing

angel2010

Cart & Emma's mom, 1mc
Reaction score
I have absolutely NO rhythm and hate to dance. I have been dreading the thought of a reception, it is one of the reasons we have put off setting a date for our wedding. What are some ideas of things to do instead of a reception? I was kind of thinking about renting a section of a local lake beach. Everyone can have hotdogs and hamburgers and swim and stuff. Does this sound stupid? And how would you include some of the traditional reception things outside of the dancing?

You dont really have to dance! just stand close and kind of.. Sway lol. You dont even have to do that if you dont want to. The beach things isnt a stupid idea either, do what makes you happy, if the thought of dancing is going to worry you on the day then dont do it. When thinking about my wedding, i just ask myself "will it really bother me on the day?" if the answers yes im not doing it xx

Thanks. I just know I will be miserable with dread the days leading up to it and the day of if I know there will be any dancing.

My OH was best man at my our best friends wedding, he was dreading the speech so much that it made him ill with worry! So in the end they said not to do one, no point in stressing himself out so much that he doesnt enjoy himself. So he said a few words and that was it. If it was anyone involved in your wedding party feeling that way you would tell them not to do it if it makes them feel like that wouldnt you? So tell yourself that! And by the way, ive been to a wedding where they didnt even have a first dance, they didnt want one! Hope you have a stress free enjoyable day!xx

Just don't do it. No one will remember your wedding because you didn't do a first dance. In my experience people remember the food, the wine, the dress, the venue.

We were the same when we were planning our wedding! Didn't want dancing and all that carry on! hehe! Each bride to their own!

We had a lunch reception and were off on honeymoon by about 4pm! Perfect day and so glad we did it just the way we wanted instead of the way everyone else does it! It's your day, so just do whatever you feel comfortable doing!

I like the idea of a lunch reception, I don't know why I hadn't thought of this before!

we arent having a 'first dance' either.

we will probably just join in with the madness/drunken dancing late at night, but its not something we really see the point in :shrug:

if you dont want to dance, then dont! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->