Hating husband after new baby... Normal?

teacup22

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
So this probably sounds strange but I can't stand my husband at the moment!
He does help out a bit but I feel like I have 3 children (one being him)
Everything he does annoys me and I just totally resent him!
Is this normal after baby?
Help?!

I felt even closer to my husband after Evie arrived. Maybe it's the hormones or part of the baby blues? :hugs:

Have you tried talking to him?

Yep, I felt and still feel the same sometimes. It does get better as times go by though.

totally normal. When he snores away at 3am after I spent two hours re-settling baby, I just want to kick him out of bed so hard :) Especially after he complains that he's tired :) You'll be fine, just try not to use hurtful words as they have a tendency to linger for some time. Keep a sense of humor about everything. It's hard not to resent them since the majority of hard and not so fun childcare falls on us in early days and they hardly realize just how hard it is. It will pass hun, you have a three year old I see, you probably had it to some extent with your first during first year. Remember not to make any major decisions the first year of babyhood :) Oh and hun, there will be a big payback time when your new girl will turn into a daddy's girl :) You'll see xx

Thank you!
I dont really remember feeling like this with my son but I was depressed.
Not sure if it's manifesting itself in a different way this time?
Think I will talk to my gp about how I'm feeling but I jut think everything is getting on top of me!
It's so hard with 2!

It's definitely much harder with two I find. Whoever said it'd be easier was delusional or was getting a lot of help and sleep. I often keep wondering why I was whining when I just had one :)

Totally totally normal. I feel exactly the same.

Before baby, during pregnancy, after baby, all normal... :rofl:

My baby is 9 months old and I love my oh beyond belief but some days I feel like I really hate him! He works afternoon shift so I'm basically a single mom! I was really resentful today for example..I look forward to weekends for his help and a bit of free time.. Well today he didn't wake up until noon.. Then after dinner complained he was too tired to do his weekend bath time with our son and passed out on the couch! I wanted to poke him in the eye or something!! Lol he's generally good but I think it's normal to have these feelings.

Lanaross- love your comment about the snoring! That's usually my most annoyed time!

I also had feelings pop up the first months that I had not experienced before. But it has gotten better....
Men and women are just very different it seems, also in expectations and thoughtfulness, empathy etc....

:shrug:

Yes I felt this way in the beginning also. On more than one occasion I was ready to ask him to leave at 4am! Our LO was a terrible sleeper and we were both absolutely exhausted.

I am feeling like this with my oh!! Seriously dislike him at times Lol!

I realised why...its because i have fallen in love with someone else, more deeply than any other love i have felt...my baby girl! I know its a different love but its gotta have an impact of our other feelings of love surely. Nothing compares xx

I relate in some ways. If I have to hear my hubby complain about bring tired one more time, I don't know what I'm going to say, but it won't be nice. I take care of the baby all night and let him sleep. I get that he is working and I am not, but just because I don't go to work doesn't mean I'm not busy all day. He really has very little right to use the T word. He also doesn't have a lot if patience with me if I forget to do something or need to run something by him for a second time. Sleeplessness is vicious on any relationship I think. I still love him to pieces, but the few little things that anger me about him seem so much bigger at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->