Have been told I have less than 5 % chance of conceiving naturally

lbm2009

Reaction score
Due to husband semen analysis. I was told by my husbands doctor ivf is the only treatment and the Nhs no longer offer this free,
Is this correct,
If so how much does it cost.

What happens next.

I feel like my whole world has been crushed with one sentence from a doctor.

Hiya,

I have unexplained infertility and was given about the same percentage of getting pregnant without help.. That one sentence is crushing, I was expecting another option before IVF and when she started reading off percentages we really didn't know what to say.

I'm in Australia but it'll cost us close to $8000.00 for an egg collection cycle. Good luck and I wish you all the best

So sorry for your news I understand how devastating this is for you both, we're in a similar situation. If you are childless there are some PCTs (primary care trust) who will pay for IVF up to 3 courses, try googling it in your area or go onto the PCT website and search IVF.
We're in Bristol mand going private because we have kids already but here IVF is about £4000, It's a lot of moiney I think some ladies have bought interest free credit cards and paid a bit off each month.
Good luck
xxxxx

Maybe look into egg sharing.me and dh found out we had probs but couldnt go on a list due to being too young.had togo private

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->