Have u been given idea how big baby is?

familygirl30

Reaction score
Just wondering as I've read posts where ladies have said they were given an idea,but I haven't and when I ask midwife she doesn't say

I just had my fourth ultrasound last week and for the first time they told me that baby's about 3lbs 1oz, if she didn't say anything I was going to ask because I was curious too!

In my first pregnancy, I never had any clue how big my baby was. But because she was born pretty small due to IUGR, they gave me a growth scan at 32 weeks this time around, and they told me that my boy is 5 lbs already. So I think in a standard low-risk pregnancy, you just have to wait until birth, but if you get third tri ultrasounds for some reason then they might give you an estimated weight.

im 35 weeks now, Last week he measured at 5lbs by ultrasound.

I had a growth scan at 28 and 32 weeks. The scan print outs in my notes have the estimated size listed. After looking at those on the chart in the notes and what my bump has measured my MW thought about 7lbs (that was at my app at 38+1).

Have a look in your notes in case they've been plotting on the graph.

I had a growth scan at 28 and 32 weeks. The scan print outs in my notes have the estimated size listed. After looking at those on the chart in the notes and what my bump has measured my MW thought about 7lbs (that was at my app at 38+1).

Have a look in your notes in case they've been plotting on the graph.

I have looked at notes yes and where's she's plotted I said is that mean I'm measuring 2 weeks in front and she said no its just to see that theirs a nice line flowing showing baby still growing,which confused me on here I've seen ladies been told how they measuring bang on,over etc

36 weeks, baby was 6lb10oz. she feels alot heavier now, I can barely walk.

I had a scan at 38wks and was told bubs was measuring in at 3980grams. OB said bubs would weigh between 3.5-4kg. I had my baby a couple of days later and he weighed 3840gams. So OB was spot on. If I had of gone til my EDD, it would have been interesting to see how much more he would have gained.

During a scan at 35 weeks, baby was measuring 6 pounds 14 ounces - measuring big, hence the scan.

At 37 weeks baby was measuring 6 pounds 15 oz or 3.2kg (results of scan). Yet my fundal height was only about 35cm and I don't look big at all.

at my 20 week he was in the 35th percentile, I'd really like to know though as DD was a larger baby, but I am done getting ultrasounds for the remainder of my pregnancy unfortunately, and the next time I see him will be in my arms

Just had a scan today at 32 weeks to check on my LOs growth. She's about 3.5 pounds and in the 44th percentile. I didn't have it because I'm high risk or anything, my doctor just likes to do 3 ultrasounds during a normal pregnancy: confirmation (around 8-9 weeks), anatomy (around 20 weeks) and growth (around 32 weeks). Every doctor is different :)

I have biophysical profiles every other week due to GD and PIH but at 32 weeks I was told our baby girl weighed 4 lbs.

I use the websites and phone apps to view my pregnancy week-by-week. But my ultrasound technicians have been good about it so far too.

This one is my favorite website. Just click the tiny boxes for the weeks or even click by month if you want. But the weeks will tell you how long baby is, and how much he/she weighs in addition to other things.
https://www.baby2see.com/development/index.html

I haven't asked and they haven't said - probably because it's so objective. However I had to have a scan at 32 weeks to check a low lying placenta (which moved) and baby was estimated 4lb 5oz. Who knows how big this baby will be - I'm overdue already eek. If I remember and get time, I'll pop back on here and let you know the weight!
Rx

Today she was 4.9 pounds (31 weeks 3 days) - 2060 grams :)

Today at my appointment she said he was measuring "perfectly." She couldn't tell me approximately how heavy he is, though.

Hi,

Ive been told by 3 midwifes that Baby is measuring big, he is in the 97th percentile off the chart and should I go full term I should expect him to be around 9 1/2 lbs , and I dont look that big at all im very neat:wacko:

I had a scan at 32 weeks to check low lying Placenta and they confirmed indeed he's a big bubba he was measuring 35 weeks but they didn't say and I forgot to ask how much he weighed.

I have another scan due now next Wednesday to see if the Placenta has moved any further (as it had moved but not enough), and hopefully they can tell me how much he weighs now, Im a little worried incase I have to push out a 10lb der' :nope:

I had a scan last Tuesday at 36+4. I'm not sure if its routine for my doctor or just because I was measuring so far ahead (40 weeks). My baby girl is estimated to be at 7lbs 12oz already. I'm also borderline of having GD, so that could be the reason.

I had a scan yesterday at 36+5 due to measuring 3 weeks small, but baby is measuring fine and approx 7lb 3 eeek!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->