Have / when will you go shopping?

lucy_smith

Reaction score
Hello :)I really want to spread the cost instead of buying in one go!
Have you bought anything yet? What was it? How many week where you?
Or have you got something in mind that you are waiting to get?

I went out and bought some stuff straight away, one says 'my daddy is the best' and also a multipack of cute vests - and this was the day after my bfp, which was still 4 days before AF was even due :lol: couldn't help myself!

I think I ought to wait now though haha. I want to find out the gender then go mad buying cute stuff!

With my daughter I started at 11 weeks as I found a pram at a really great price. This time I don't have to buy lots of big things (dd is 15 months so will use her old things) so will wait til nearer the end of my pregnancy to get new outfits/blankets. I had a good look on the essentials list on here which was really helpful, meant I didn't go buy things I wouldn't even open. Happy shopping xxx

I went to baby stores early on and scoped out what I liked, and since then have been buying those things second hand (in good condition) at a fraction of the cost.
A couple of weeks ago we bought a white sleigh style cot (which converts to a toddler bed), today we picked up a matching white sleigh style change table (with a drawer and two shelves), and we got recently a bassinet, a travel bassinet, and a bouncer (all of which has cost us $230 all up- the cot alone was over $1000 in stores, and ours doesn't have any marks at all! We seriously got some fantastic deals).
Friends have given us some great hand-me-downs! A fancy high chair, a swing, an electronic swing thing, a jolly jumper... So nice of people :)
I wasn't going to buy clothes so soon, but there was a big sale recently where I bought a bunch of onesies for $2 each. Couldn't pass on that.

We are happy to buy things as we see them pop up, and my husband doesn't mind driving far away to pick them up :)

I think the thing we will buy new which will cost us a lot is a pram, but I suppose it's the one thing we will always use, and so it will be worth it.

I've started haha. Have some next unisex sleep suits, some scratch mitts, blanket, some lovely vests. Not loads though. Mostly from next and boots and all unisex except a boys romper and a pack of boys sleep suits that I got in the mother care sale for £8 so if it's not a boy it's not a big loss.

Already decided on pram, Moses basket, swing etc. I have expensive taste so like to be organised haha.

Should also add, I only got my bfp this morning and have been buying for the last month.

Ive started but only on maternity tops because it was pretty much on clearance. Maybe this wkend I can talk hubby into some small items for the nursery.

I haven't really started yet, I brought a cute sleepsuit and blanket last Sunday a couple of days after BFP. And me and oh have been looking round mothercare etc to get an idea of the things we want :D its so exciting!

But we have a whole house to decorate yet! Which is kind of scary! As well as starting from scratch with baby stuff eek

But everything is picked out ready to buy.. I'm holding back from clothes till near the end. And stocking up on wipes nappies etc... Everyone said not to last time so thought if regret my stockpile but never did lol I didnt have to purchase anything like that till Isabelle was nearly a year

X

We bought clothes & a petite cot when I was just under 6weeks as we saw it on offer abd seemed to good an offer to miss 😄 with my first I was much more cautious and didn't buy anything till after 12weeks

We have already got crib, bouncer, swing, play mat, all newborn wardrobe, half of 0-3 wardrobe, nursing/maternity bras, blanket, baby toiletries, wipes and nappies.

I am not superstitious

Thanks for your replies! Think once I have my scan I will start buying things! Getting so excited now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->