have you had your smear test yet ?

I had mine a few weeks ago and the results came back as normal :happydance: I was very happy as about 18 months ago I had surgery to remove stage 3 cells, had another smear 6 months later which came back as borderline and just had my lastest one about 7/8 months later which I expected to come back as worse again and it didn't! Got my next one in 6 months time which hopefully will come back as normal and then hopefully I go to tests yearly. Would definitely recommend everyone to ask if they can have tests and I've also signed the petition to get the age down. I had my first at 21 and I can't understand why the age changed.

I had mine a few weeks ago and the results came back as normal :happydance: I was very happy as about 18 months ago I had surgery to remove stage 3 cells, had another smear 6 months later which came back as borderline and just had my lastest one about 7/8 months later which I expected to come back as worse again and it didn't! Got my next one in 6 months time which hopefully will come back as normal and then hopefully I go to tests yearly. Would definitely recommend everyone to ask if they can have tests and I've also signed the petition to get the age down. I had my first at 21 and I can't understand why the age changed.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Like a couple of other girls on here, I've had abnormal cells detected before, followed by surgery. I had to have a follow up smear every 3 months for a year, then 2 6 monthlys, then every year for a couple of years, now I'm back to the normal 3. I was a lucky girl that it was caught early and treated easily. People need to be so aware of this and keep on top of their checks.

There was something on my local news about a woman dieing of cirvical cancer at 23!

And yet too young to have the simple, cheap test that could have found it in time to save her life.

I'm booked in for the 14th!
Although I had a rough time booking the appointment...apparently there was a big waiting list, she had to know my age (25!), etc...
It wasnt till I informed her that i was told at my 6 week check that i was due one (I've had one before) that she agreed to book me in, it'll be 3 weeks i've waited! Blooming receptionists!!

I'm booked in for the 14th!
Although I had a rough time booking the appointment...apparently there was a big waiting list, she had to know my age (25!), etc...
It wasnt till I informed her that i was told at my 6 week check that i was due one (I've had one before) that she agreed to book me in, it'll be 3 weeks i've waited! Blooming receptionists!!

recptionists!! rrrrrrrrr i could rant allday about them they are so bad at my doctors even my hv had a hard job getting past them:growlmad::shrug:

TBH, the Dr's i'm at now are ok but you wait ages after your appointment time!

Dont you just hate it when the receptionist tries to diagnose you??

I had one when i was younger which was fine.. not had another one yet though

I got a reminder letter the other day.

My next smear is due on the 9th May - which is the babies due date lol, how weird is that?!

I'll be booking one at my postnatal checkup.

I have just had a letter to have my second one done xx

please dont take this the wrong way but im fighting with my docs for them to give me one so i find it hard to understand why people who are being offered them arent going??

i dont understand why some arent going for thier smear tests?!?

if you can get one, do it, if not, fight for it. I'm seeing gp again tomorrow and I'm going to push for a referal again.

please dont take this the wrong way but im fighting with my docs for them to give me one so i find it hard to understand why people who are being offered them arent going??

i dont understand why some arent going for thier smear tests?!?

hear hear- do it, please!

Ive never been called for one??

x

Scheduled for April 17th and it's gonna cost $165 for the labs plus whatever the doctor charges. I've already tested positive for a high risk HPV though so it's not like I can put it off till I have insurance or can afford to go.

Yup! I had my first at 17 last july.

The clinic I go to for my birth control pills requires a blood sample for STD testing and PAP Smears at least once a year or they will not continue your birth control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->