Have you packed your hospital bag yet?

the pushing bit is painless? didnt know that :shock:

id rather have to push than to have a c section anyway

does a birthing pool help at all do you know?

The pushing is uncomfortable like when you are being sick and cant stop that kind of reflux action teh only bit i would say hurts is when babies head crowns that is like a burning/stinging sensation very odd. The pushing is just bloody annoying more than oh my god pain.........

birthing pools or water are relaxing so should help a lot also takes a lot of pressure away fro you,i found getting on all fours and squatting bloody hurt but then it is supposed to make baby come out quicker so you have to weigh it up and find what you find comfy.

B

i guess i have a lot to discuss with my midwife lol... hopefully when we go round the hospital in october they will show me what is available, birthing pools etc and if im able to walk around and things. i guess i should find out before its too late!!!!!!

Terrie, everyone is different babe, but one thing is for sure........it is all worth it in the end, and that is all that matters!

You'll be just fine babe :hugs: xx

i hope so , i have my mw appointment today so im gonna bombared her with questions lol

:shock: OMG! I have 2weeks exactly till my c-section and i still havnt packed my bag! Im so lazy i dunno why i havnt done it, ive got everything i need but just havnt put it all together! Thinks i might have to do it next weeks sometime. XXdaniiXX

i printed out a list of things to pack.. considering i better get on that. my son came 6 weeks early, and i had no bag packed at all. i wanna be prepared this time. *laughs* and i noticed that half the stuff on this list i printed out, i didn't even need last time. you pack all that stuff and end up not needing it.

Oh Pull your finger out!!! :lol:

Ohhhhh good luck bumpityboo!! :dance:

*coughs* i um 4got my bag and had 2 send oh back up 4 it i was halfway there wen i remembered :oops:

can i just give you advise if your waters break and for some reson you dont go into labour but you have a hospital bag ready and need to go into hosptial make sure you have loads of pads maybe 2-3 packs as i was supposed to have morgan in the house but my water went on wednesday morning then thye took me in to hospital on thursday morning by the time i had him i only had 2 pads left because when i wa sbeing induced i had so much water coming from me i had used all my pads i just thought id let you know just incase

also a good thing to buy or rent is a tens machine they are well worth it i had it on when i was in labour with my first baby at 12 in afternoon took it off at 9 and had gas and air and pethadine and he was born at 12.50 so have a good think at least you will be in control of your body good luck xx

Cheers for the advice about the waters babe!

I have a Tens machine on my birthing plan as an added extra!

xx

Would pack more than 2 night dresses for yourself .... after having maddie i could not stop sweating it was horrible having hot flushes all the time!!

Decent pair of shoes for those nice walks around the hospital to get things moving ...

If your being induced i would pack a book you can't move for 20-30mins after prostin has been put in you have to stay strapped and still!!!

Mosturiser ... your skin gets sooooooooo dry!!!

And last of all quite a few baby grows, maddie went thru loads due to the fact she kept sicking up all the time!!!!

Good luck ladies it's all worth it :)

yes i agree with imi pack a good few baby grows morgan peed him self one night and i had to phone dp to bring more baby grows and vests in because i only had clean ones that i had changed him in so take a good few in with you a good thing to use after you have just given birth is those disposable maternity pants becuase you bleed quite a bit they just easier to stick in the bin

I only stayed in for one night with Jade, so I would pack according to time spent in there......OH can always bring more stuff up if needed, at this rate we will need a great big suitcase :lol:

I never understood the hot flushes or sweats :? .........I will be packing warm bits, coz last time I was freezing and begged them to cover me up, turn the fan OFF and put my bed socks on......it was uwful, my teeth were chattering.......during and after birth!

But yes, it is all defo worth it in the end :wink: xx

my thermostat was all over the shop ....

Liked the drugs though lol

I am planning on packing mine this weekend or next week. I've been holding off until 36w. Saturday is 36w... It just feels weird with the other kids I have always been excited to pack my hospital bag. Maybe it is the fact that I have been sick with a bad cold or maybe because it is just feeling like I am not this far along!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->