Have you seen/done the no makeup selfie nomination?

Yes I have been nomimated and did it. The idea is not just to put up a no make up selfie but to donate £3 (more if you wish!) as well.

I have nominated a few friends for no make up and a man to do a make up selfie!

I think any awareness and helping to up the donations is worth taking part it.

It's a fab idea as it has raised awareness. It's good to see Facebook being used for something positive like this!

I have and have also donated :) There are a lot of mixed reviews about it going around on facebook! x

Yup, and I donated because of it. People are whining about it but at the end of the day it's raising money and awareness for something which needs it.

I would never of donated had I not thought 'A selfie doesn't raise money, I'll donate too'. I also know, of the 30 odd people I tagged, at least 10 have donated.

I think it's good as long as the pic/caption actually mentions donating and the number to donate or a page to donate. Bit pointless otherwise lol. I was nominated today but had already done my makeup, once I am fully in for the evening I'll be doing it :thumbup:

Everyone on my news feed are putting up a selfie pic shortly followed by a screenshot of the donation text confirmation with details of how to donate. I've come across loads of text confirmations so far.

Ive been nominated but it would be just a normal picture, I never wear make up.

Cant donate either, only have a german sim unless you can donate online (yet still only have a german bank account).

https://news.uk.msn.com/selfie-windfall-for-cancer-charity

Been nominated but not a chance I'm going slap free ... I donate direct debit every mth so I don't feel bad

Good on the girls who have done it though, braver than me :)

I've seen one or two that definitely have make up on... Annoying!

I got nominated twice and i did it. Its for a good cause. Ive seen some people moan about it and saying there is no point and its not helping. But it is helping its spreading the word. And like OP said people have donated more

I've done - though i'm awful at taking selfies so mine is truely cr*p!! 😝
I'm doing race for life in June with a team from work so as well as donating to the text number I added our teams justgiving link to my post in the hopes it might spur some more donations 😋

I just think there are many more things people could be doing to raise awareness than posting a picture on facebook? The concept is just bizarre to me.

Im glad that cancer charities are benefitting from it though :thumbup:

I don't wear make-up, so it's pointless me doing it, but instead of a selfie, I put a link to my Moonwalk sponsorship page which is in aid of breast cancer.

I got a donation because of that :)

I just think there are many more things people could be doing to raise awareness than posting a picture on facebook? The concept is just bizarre to me.

I think its just getting the message out there in another way, and an interactive social media way - bet they are getting more £3 donations this week from the no make up selfies, than they would as a direct result of showing an ad on tv every few hours in the week!
Its about getting people involved - being able to laugh with friends at dodgy photos and nominating them to do the same! And then donating £3 for it!
Plus its nice that its a positive spin on nominating some silly fun, as opposed to the so dangerous nek-nominations that swept the world!!!

I have done it and donated.
Facebook is a way of reaching the masses but it requires
no expensive advertising etc.. people see their friends
doing it and see it as socially acceptable (and of course
it is) and thousands of people that possibly wouldn't think
to donate have done xxx

I think its just getting the message out there in another way, and an interactive social media way - bet they are getting more £3 donations this week from the no make up selfies, than they would as a direct result of showing an ad on tv every few hours in the week!
Its about getting people involved - being able to laugh with friends at dodgy photos and nominating them to do the same! And then donating £3 for it!
Plus its nice that its a positive spin on nominating some silly fun, as opposed to the so dangerous nek-nominations that swept the world!!!

Yes it is fantastic that charities are receiving lots of donations but it is the whole selfiething that baffles me?

On my news feed there was a 50/50 split of people actually mentioning why they were doing the selfie in the first place. Half of them are posting pics with no reference to cancer or charity and are seemingly jumping on the bandwagon.

The whole thing started due to Sophie Jones who sadly died recently due to cervical cancer aged just 19 and the petition for Soohies Choice is circulating which is amazing and I have signed that myself and seen it shared soooo many times on facebook. That is truely raising awareness of cancer in my eyes with such a poignant backstory to go with it.

It is great that charities have had lots of £3 donations, Im so pleased, honestly. But it is just the actualy selfie thing itself that is bizarre to me :haha: As I said, with a huge number of posts on my personal facebook having zero reference to any good causes at all it just makes the whole thing seem like a fad for a lot of people with no meaning to it?

Just my opinion x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"