Having a giggle at inappropriate comments.

Spudtastic

Reaction score
I'm 38+3 and very fat, uncomfortable and grumpy. Today I overheard a teenager say something inappropriate about me to her friends. I'm far to grumpy to have safely said something to her so instead I ignored her, I'm not taking it to heart and am having a giggle over it.

I'm in new Zealand and it's far too hot. I'm struggling with the heat. At the end of the day I took my nearly three year old to a shallow bay at the lake for a swim and a play. I put my oversized tankini on and in we went. As we were coming put of the lake there were a bunch of teenagers sitting in the water drinking beers and the girl says loudly
'Look at the size of her. I'd be ashamed to be seen in a swimsuit if I was that big'

Erm yep I'm very very pregnant thanks.

Have you had any inappropriate comments lately?

My friend had a phone call this morning " Hey *** you still fat?"
Nice & smooth there....

What a ridiculous comment! Worse thing is you sort of expect that from kids/teens but I'm sure other women will have comments like that from adults.

This isn't bump related but when I had to have a cervical check at the hospital the midwife put the speculum in and said "ooh you've done that before" Was trying to think of a witty reply but couldn't so just grunted in agreement :rofl: I wanted to roll off the bed, didn't help DH was sat there.

I am soooooo fed up of people saying "goodness you are huge" / "you'll never last until 40 weeks".

Also from my work colleague:

"I bet you want a girl. What will you do if it's another boy." Erm. Be happy?? Upgrade to a different model?!? I mean seriously what is the response to that question?!?

I am soooooo fed up of people saying "goodness you are huge" / "you'll never last until 40 weeks".

"I bet you want a girl. What will you do if it's another boy." Erm. Be happy?? Upgrade to a different model?!? I mean seriously what is the response to that question?!?

I'm tired of these comments too. I've been getting the whole "due any day now?" question since I was 30 weeks and I'm not even that huge. My belly is measuring right on track and while I'm in a big size pants for me, the size I'm in is still 4 sizes under the national average for women. I truly believe that people just seem to forget what full term pregnant women look like.

I also get the sympathy comments since this is my second boy. I am super excited to be having another boy. I love boys. I have very little desire to actually have a girl so I have to roll my eyes when people say things like, "Aw, I'm sorry. I bet you really wanted a girl." :dohh:

How rude of that teenager Spudtastic! Hope she remembers her comment if she gets pregnant in future!
I agree with BrittRashel, I think people forget what full term pregnancy looks like. I'm also having the "you're so huge" comments everyday at work despite my bump measuring on track. My inappropriate boss called me "big fat momma" before we broke up for Christmas!! I'm still only a size 12 and have only gained in the bump! Luckily I can see the funny side! The sympathy comments about 2 of the same gender would annoy me though!

:hi: I get comments all the time! One because this is baby #6 for me and my 6th boy! I get comments all the time of "oh, just couldn't get a girl in the mix could you!" the obvious "going to try again for a girl" "wow you are going to be busy busy!" I also get the "ready go to any day hey?" when I tell them another 2.5 months or more if late "Oh really? Wow you are huge!" "are you sure there isn't two in there?" "wow you are going to be very uncomfortable!" Or the worst yet "Your husband poked fun at you and you took it seriously!" :gun:

When asked if I knew the sex and I said it's a girl and that we were very excited about it, someone said "what are you gonna do if they were wrong!?" (After buying everything, that's been a fear of mine, that I don't share lol). I just answered that I'd leave the baby there of course! Shut them up! What the hell do you think anyone would do except accept it? Lol

I swear people become immune to realising that pregnant women A) have ears and B) have feelings! Half of the things people come out with are absolutely ridiculous.

Sent a bump pic to my aunty and she replied 'Jesus Christ, that picture makes you look huge! Are you that huge in person? You'll not be fitting in your bathroom by the sink to brush your teeth soon' - luckily I can see the humour in it but it's like 'thanks!!!!!' Haha. I'm also measuring small! Given me a complex about my bump angles! xxx

Ohhhh what part of nz are you in spud? Iv been getting the when are you due comments since about 30weeks and wen i say feb they seem so shocked.
Im in nz in the coromandle. So jealous of most ppl on this site being in the cold countries atm!!!

Oh gosh this pregnancy has been ridiculous for comments. It's our third and we're team yellow after 2 girls plus I'm measuring 5 weeks ahead so I do have a fairly large bump for gestation! I'm amazed just how rude and invasive some people are though, like it's not enough to comment on my size but they add stuff like 'oh how will you cope later?!' I don't think I'm quite at record breaking/need to be rolled out the door proportions, I'm sure I'll be just fine ;)

I was standing in a queue the other day, minding my own business, and then a random man comes up to me and says very loudly "wow, you look like you've got a very big egg stuck to the front of you!"

Yeah.. Cheers pal! :haha:

Also, people are always asking me when I'm due, and when I say February they seem really shocked! :shrug: I don't think I'm that big, I'm measuring bang on for how many weeks I am.. X

Awww I'm sorry that happened. I would have been far to hormonal not to say something so well done!
When I was pregnant with ds2 I had some lovely lady say to me at work that her daughter is pregnant and has a much nicer and neater bump than me. Gee thanks.
I get many comments as well about did we want a girl etc etc.

I'm tired of these comments too. I've been getting the whole "due any day now?" question since I was 30 weeks and I'm not even that huge. My belly is measuring right on track and while I'm in a big size pants for me, the size I'm in is still 4 sizes under the national average for women. I truly believe that people just seem to forget what full term pregnant women look like.

I also get the sympathy comments since this is my second boy. I am super excited to be having another boy. I love boys. I have very little desire to actually have a girl so I have to roll my eyes when people say things like, "Aw, I'm sorry. I bet you really wanted a girl." :dohh:

I get the boy thing too! Actually did the other night by some girl who said 'are you gonna be trying again soon?' Some people don't seem to realise that some of us are not desperate for girls and are happy with our boys!

I went to lunch with my mom on Saturday, and I told her I was six months. she looked at me said, 'but you're so tiny are you sure that something isn't wrong? Your twin had a nice size baby bump by now". so even pregnant and in our thirties she can't stop comparing us.

thanks mom, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->