Hayfever and TTC

caro103

Alex and Eddie's Mummy
Reaction score
Hey all, just wondered whether any of you know whether I can take anything for hayfever? I will go ask a pharmacist but just wondered if anyone had already got advice?

Its beginning to kick in already:growlmad: and don't wanna risk harming bubba just incase this is my lucky month!:flower:

Thanks!

Hi x That is a question that I would like to hear the answer to too. I am worried to take antihistamines just incase it affects my chances of ttc but hayfever symptoms are sooo miserable. Read somewhere that they dry up your cm but not sure it that's true.

Most of the stuff online says the companies don't advise however people with bad hayfever do take them with little reported effects on babies, not sure about affecting TTC though.

Hoping someone else had already gone to Dr's and asked!

Hi!
I also would like to know as I have very bad allergies, hay fever being the worse, I have to take a tablet every morning & night & use a nasal spray so I was also wondering if these things are ok when ttc? I guess they should be...
x

mm not sure they would be recommended, it would depend i guess. think i might have to go and ask the dr what is safe and whats not!

Google says nasal sprays and eyedrops are better that pills as they dont go into bloodstream so much :shrug:

i spoke to my doctor about this, he checked which ones were ok before prescribing me a new one, can't remember what it's called. if you're suffering I would speak to your doctor. :hugs:

Most people I know say you can't take anything at all apart from Piriton (I think) which has never worked for me. If you're ttc then antihistamines dry up CM and if you're preggers then I'm not sure what they do but aren't recommended.
I suffer from hayfever really badly and normally have to take 2 tablets and 2 nasal sprays daily. It's just started in last 2 days but not too bad as yet. Avoiding anything at the moment.
:growlmad: x

my dh asked at the pharmacy for me today as i suffer with hayfever and the dont recommend it when pregnant but not sure about when ttc,my dh told her that we were waiting to find out if i was pg,so she told him that i shouldnt take anything for it

Hi, I suffer terribly with hayfever and allergies.
I have spoken to my doctor and he says the newer medications which are the non-drowsy type are a definite no. We have in Australia 2 older medications phenergan and polarimine which are ok to take ttc and pregnant, however, I am going off them this cycle because I produce no fertile cm on them, I am hoping that I can get them out of my system and get some ewcm!
I took my last one last night, so I am in for a rough 2 weeks ahead.

Hi, I suffer terribly with hayfever and allergies.
I have spoken to my doctor and he says the newer medications which are the non-drowsy type are a definite no. We have in Australia 2 older medications phenergan and polarimine which are ok to take ttc and pregnant, however, I am going off them this cycle because I produce no fertile cm on them, I am hoping that I can get them out of my system and get some ewcm!
I took my last one last night, so I am in for a rough 2 weeks ahead.

bless ya i kno just how you'll feel,i'm sure it'll all be worth while :baby::baby:

Thanks girls, think its going to be a horrible few weeks then, boo. But so worth it for my future bubba :D

Normally I feel like I have glass in my eyes and they go all red and puffed up :blush: not pretty! and thats when i'm able to take meds. eeek! the nose I can just about deal with, its not being able to see or sleep that bugs me!

Have found in the past a damp flannel over my face at night helps, sooo romantic for bding though :rofl:

Hi, I suffer with hayfever and asthma really badly and my hayfever makes my asthma worse, so i have to take something to help. When I was pg with my DS, the doctor prescribed me beconase which is a nasal spray, he said this was far more effective than tablets and safe to use whilst pg.

HTH x

Hi, I suffer with hayfever and asthma really badly and my hayfever makes my asthma worse, so i have to take something to help. When I was pg with my DS, the doctor prescribed me beconase which is a nasal spray, he said this was far more effective than tablets and safe to use whilst pg.

HTH x

i'll keep that in mind thanks

Thanks Barbie. I've also got asthma and hayfever, and have the same problems. Have beconase upstairs but didn't realise it was safe to use. Woken up on this glorious sunny day with really bad puffy eyes so will be straight upstairs looking for that beconase!
Stupid question, but I'm presuming eye drops are ok?.. x

Funny you should mention the eye drops, I just assumed they'd be ok but when I read the packaging on the ones I had it said not to take if you are pregnant so I'd definitely check first. Think mine were called allergyeyes or something like that....

God, how can eye drops not even be ok?!.... Well seems I'm not going to look very attractive this summer me thinks.............
:growlmad:

seriously girls, if you're struggling with hayfever speak to you doctor. I have antihistamines that he's checked are fine when TTC and during pregnancy.

Thanks Barbie. I've also got asthma and hayfever, and have the same problems. Have beconase upstairs but didn't realise it was safe to use. Woken up on this glorious sunny day with really bad puffy eyes so will be straight upstairs looking for that beconase!
Stupid question, but I'm presuming eye drops are ok?.. x

My doc, said no to my eye drops. But there may be some that are ok.

God, how can eye drops not even be ok?!.... Well seems I'm not going to look very attractive this summer me thinks.............
:growlmad:

TBH Floofy I think it's just the standard jargon on most medicines, think they just put it to cover their backsides! I'm sure if you saw GP they would tell you. I hate hayfever especially the itchy eyes, the eye drops help so much. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->