HCG Diet

mindgames77

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the HCG diet? I'm not one for fad diets, but this one definitely seems too good to be true. If I can get some real people telling me their real results, I'd definitely consider trying it...

Google it if you're not sure about it!

Haven't heard anything about it, but it sounds like the daily calories are dangerously low and should only be followed under the care of a doctor...

Nevermind...I'm pretty sure my stepmom followed this diet for a few months and I think she weighs more than ever now.

Haha yes, as most "fad" diets go. I was just curious was all. And the website recommends going to a doctor, before, during and after treatment. And I saw something on the news about it too. Saying that some doctors are starting to prescribe the diet to some people, while others think its dangerous.

Its a scam if you really think about..... "Take HCG drops, and you will lose weight" *And lower calorie intake to 1/4 the recommended intake.

Obviously if you cut down on 3/4 of the calories you'll lose weight, they're not magic drops.

But...I don't know a lot about it, so maybe it is logical, and maybe there's more to it!

There might be something to it...I don't know. I know that doctors will put morbidly obese people on very low calorie diets to lose huge amounts of weight. I once slashed my calories to 800 a day for 10 days to jump start my weight loss. I certainly lost weight. I also felt tired, sick, and weak until I started eating a normal amount again...I would never be able to stick to 500 calories a day! Also, if I remember correctly, my stepmom wasn't supposed to exercise at all for the weight loss phase because the calorie intake was too low. I like to exercise, so wouldn't be for me!

If you starve yourself, yes, you will lose weight. This is how anorexics and POW's/camp prisoners end up as emaciated skeletons. It will cause severe metabolic damage and the weight will come back if you have not changed your lifestyle. I don't know of anyone who would go to such dangerous/drastic methods with a lifestyle change in mind. Doctors have little to no nutritional training, they simply see people in the danger BMI zone and some of them will let people do horrible things to their bodies to get out of that BMI category. A reputable doctor with nutrition knowledge would never do such a thing.

I have tried it ... It was awful! You only eat 500 calories a day which is ridiculous. You are always hungry! You are also totally restricted to what it can eat. .. I am not sure if you can go through it .. Anyway Best of luck

I would not recommend it at all. Most everyone I've heard that tried it gained all the weight back plus more!

I try the HCG diet. Yes i did the 600 calorie intake but i also workout and watch what I eat. I stop taking it. Only did it for about 3wks. I did lost 7-8 pound in the first week but i think it all do to eatting right and working out. Right now i lost 15pounds in 2months and i still watch what i eat and keep a food log on my iphone. I wont waste my money on hcg drops again. Good luck and hope it helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->