HCG doubling too fast? Every 28.41 hours

taylorxx

Reaction score
I just got my blood test results from 17dpo. On 12dpo they were 78... yesterday they were 1458! I dd an online calculator and they said they doubled in 28.41 hours. I've been having some pretty decent cramps at times, but I don't think it's an ectopic or anything. Is this normal for it to double so fast? Hope everyone is doing well, and congratulations! xxx

As a rough estimate HCG levels double every 48 hours (they actually go up on average by 66% every 48hours). Wouldn't be too bothered, they are going up and that is the main thing! :)

As a rough estimate HCG levels double every 48 hours (they actually go up on average by 66% every 48hours). Wouldn't be too bothered, they are going up and that is the main thing! :)

Thanks! I was expecting my beta to be maybe 400-500, so when she told me that I was a little shocked lol. I didn't know if it was a great thing or could be a bad thing, you know? x

Yeah well theoretically a multiple pregnancy could give a more rapid increase in HCG. But theres only one really really rare condition that causes absolutely huge rises in HCG and thats a molar pregnancy (which is picked up really easily on US). HCG raises once the placenta is properly growing and lots of it is getting produced and it really individual to every woman. I would say it is most likely a good thing :) Congratulations x

Yeah well theoretically a multiple pregnancy could give a more rapid increase in HCG. But theres only one really really rare condition that causes absolutely huge rises in HCG and thats a molar pregnancy (which is picked up really easily on US). HCG raises once the placenta is properly growing and lots of it is getting produced and it really individual to every woman. I would say it is most likely a good thing :) Congratulations x

I googled molar pregnancy and I don't think that's the case going by the signs.. I don't know much about it though. I keep getting a feeling it may be twins. Even when I ovulated, I felt like I had ovulated twice. I can't get the thought out of my head and now this has just raised my suspicion lol. I don't know what I would do if there was two lol! I doubt it though, there's no twins in my family at all. We'll find out in the beginning of April! Thanks girl, congratulations to you too :hugs: xx

Twins?? Sorry, don't mean to scare you lol. I wouldn't think it's a problem, did you ask your Dr or midwife about it? They didn't even tell me my numbers, just that it had risen the way it's supposed to. I'm sure if it was concerning she would have wanted you to come back or have other testing or something.

You can see by my signature that mine went up fairly fast at first too. I think they want to see it double every 48 at least, but mine doubled every 20 hrs at first! Then roughly every 28-30 hrs after that. I have had 3 u/s and so far everything is fine!

I thought maybe twins too (oh and my dpo's may be off a day, I disagree with FF, I think they were at 10,12, and 16 dpo), but it has been confirmed that I just have one baby in there ;)

Twins?? Sorry, don't mean to scare you lol. I wouldn't think it's a problem, did you ask your Dr or midwife about it? They didn't even tell me my numbers, just that it had risen the way it's supposed to. I'm sure if it was concerning she would have wanted you to come back or have other testing or something.

LOL I had said the same in my previous post. I haven't asked my OB yet, but I see her in the beginning of April. The nurse said the numbers sounded fantastic but that's all they really said. You should have asked for your numbers! It's nice to know. As long as they are rising normally that's all that matters :) I may go back to get another blood test, but I am not sure if it's necessary.. They didn't say. Maybe early next week I will. Congratulations btw :) xxx

I thought maybe twins too (oh and my dpo's may be off a day, I disagree with FF, I think they were at 10,12, and 16 dpo), but it has been confirmed that I just have one baby in there ;)

Yeah I have read that some women just have higher hcg and have singletons. I mean don't get me wrong, I would love twins.. but I'm not sure I am ready for that LOL. My s/o would flip :rofl: Would be lovely though :) Congratulations girl, so glad everything's going well xx

You can see by my signature that mine went up fairly fast at first too. I think they want to see it double every 48 at least, but mine doubled every 20 hrs at first! Then roughly every 28-30 hrs after that. I have had 3 u/s and so far everything is fine!

Yeah my levels are almost just like yours!! Weird! BTW, YAY for making it to 12 weeks! :yipee:

Yeah I have read that some women just have higher hcg and have singletons. I mean don't get me wrong, I would love twins.. but I'm not sure I am ready for that LOL. My s/o would flip :rofl: Would be lovely though :) Congratulations girl, so glad everything's going well xx

Thanks, my fears were doubled because I am a fraternal twin, so there definately is a chance for me to conceive two at once ;)

Good luck, and hopefully your extra high hcg just means a healthy bean!

Thanks, my fears were doubled because I am a fraternal twin, so there definately is a chance for me to conceive two at once ;)

Good luck, and hopefully your extra high hcg just means a healthy bean!

Oh wow that is so cool! :) I bet you were sooo anxious to find out lol. I sure hope it's a sticky! I feel great about it, but sometimes these cramps kind of get me down. I had a dream last night I had started bleeding :( Hearing my levels made me feel better though. Did you have cramps on and off in early pregnancy? xx

I had both cramping and spotting off and on from 4-9 weeks. Even yesterday I had a bit of spotting. The cramping wasn't terrible, but it was noticable. I have had two internal exams and they think my spotting is being caused by an irritated cervix, which I hear is common in early pregnancy. I just think after a loss we notice these symptoms more.

I had both cramping and spotting off and on from 4-9 weeks. Even yesterday I had a bit of spotting. The cramping wasn't terrible, but it was noticable. I have had two internal exams and they think my spotting is being caused by an irritated cervix, which I hear is common in early pregnancy. I just think after a loss we notice these symptoms more.

Thank you. I started cramping around 12-13dpo but it's starting to get less frequent (but sometimes a bit painful, especially at night) each day. I won't have ANY cramps, and then out of nowhere I'll get cramps for a few minutes. I'm super bloated and constipated so I'm pretty sure that exaggerates the cramps. I always have painful AFs and I believe I have had some cysts in the past year so not sure if that has anything to do with it. I believe you're right, after a loss you are so hyper aware of cramping or anything that could go wrong during pregnancy. Thanks again, you made me feel a lot better :) x

Thank you. I started cramping around 12-13dpo but it's starting to get less frequent (but sometimes a bit painful, especially at night) each day. I won't have ANY cramps, and then out of nowhere I'll get cramps for a few minutes. I'm super bloated and constipated so I'm pretty sure that exaggerates the cramps. I always have painful AFs and I believe I have had some cysts in the past year so not sure if that has anything to do with it. I believe you're right, after a loss you are so hyper aware of cramping or anything that could go wrong during pregnancy. Thanks again, you made me feel a lot better :) x

I suspect constipation and gas is the cause of a lot of my cramping ;) It has gotten better though, so hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->